Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Author Of The Emotional Wedding Poem ....

Here I am again, hoping that you are all in fine fettle on this November day.

Do you remember the post I wrote back in July, about Emma's friend's wedding.  For newer readers, you can read it here http://southhamsdarling.blogspot.fr/2013/06/sunday-snaps.html

Everyone was very touched by the beautiful poem that the groom's teenage son read out to his new stepmum. Well, completely out of the blue, I recently received a comment on that post from one Minnie Chatterfield (what a delightful name!).

She informed me that she is actually the writer of that poem and that, every now and then, she checks to see where her poetry ends up on the internet. She went on to say that my blog post which contained her poem was one of the best places she had ever found her work, so thank you for that Minnie. The words of the poem were truly beautiful and very emotional..

Now fellow bloggies, isn't that a refreshing change from the blogger who berated me for posting a photo of a rice pudding which I had found on Pinterestwww.pinterest.com

Most of us would consider it a compliment if we chose to share their work with others, unless it was copyrighted of course.  Minnie seems to have several blogs, one of which is called A Poem A Day, but I can't seem able to give you a link to it.

Just thought you might like to know that little snippet of news!  Emma is still in hospital by the way, but I will let you know when we have any more news. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers - you really are the best! (But you know that already!)

See you again soon.







9 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hallo, dear thisisme! I admit that I began to tense up when I got to the part about the poem's author writing to you. I feared a "poemgate" right on the heels of "puddinggate." I'm very happy to know that she felt honored to have her words used in that context at the wedding and for you to share them with us on your fine blog.

I was hoping for news that Emma was home from the hospital. I do pray that she is doing better than before and that she will soon be on her feet and enjoying life to the fullest. I thought you told me you were returning to Devon today. If so, I wish you a safe journey. If you decided to stay on whilst Emma recuperates, then that seems like a good plan, too. Whatever the case, please know that my thoughts and prayers are with your whole family, dear friend Thisisme.

Unknown said...

Hi Diane, that is lovely news to read and glad to hear the author of the poem was happy and grateful for seeing it being shared.
Hope that Emma is doing better...
Big hugs xx

Shelly said...

What a wonderful encounter with Minnie, and one that makes me so glad she reached out to you.

Still praying for Emma and all of you!

rainbow said...

Good Day to you my DEAR FRIEND, sorry to hear Emma is still in the hospital but still praying she will get the pain under control real soon. The sayings you shared and poem were just what I needed today. You always have just what I need when I need it most. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREST WEEK AND EVEN BETTER WEEKEND!!!!!!

Montanagirl said...

Oh my - I went and read the poem. What a wonderful tribute to a "Step-mother" ! Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hi Diane, It was good she got in touch with you. Sorry your daughter is still in hospital God Bless

BB said...

I think that is just 'awesome' that this nice lady found you and acknowledged your lovely blog. That's the stuff that just makes you smile inside.

Praying for Emma and some relief for her. Sending hugs to you and hubby, as I'm sure you're quite concerned. XX

Manzanita said...

The writer of the poem sounds like a beautiful person. It must make her heart warm to know that others appreciate her work.

My best to your lovely family

Jackson said...

The interior, food, decoration, accommodation and add all in it- the Service, everything was just perfect. I loved the day and glad to spent money on reserving Wedding venues NYC. It was a great evening indeed!