Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Take A Walk With Me In Heavenly Devon

 
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com

Hello everyone

I seem to be lucky enough to have gained some new readers to my Blog, and it occurred to me that you don't really know where I live, although for those here in the United Kindom, the actual name of the Blog might well have given you a clue. Yes, I live in the South Hams region of the beautiful County of Devon, right down in the South West of the country. Next to Devon, you have Cornwall (which I'm sure a lot of you will have heard of, from various novels and TV dramas). After leaving Cornwall, you just drop into the Ocean! The first four photos were taken yesterday, on the very last day of October. Wonderful! ☀️☀️

 

 

We are surrounded by the sea, and I love nothing more than going for a coastal walk. All the photos were taken by me whilst I was out walking with a friend. I also live at the foot of the Moors, Dartmoor, but, to be honest, it has to be beaches and the sea for me every time. 

 

 

I  feel so blessed that I am still able to walk around five miles or more, and, believe me, here in Devon, it is definitely a case of uphill and down dale! The hills lead right down to the sea and we have narrow lanes with very high hedges - when my American friend was over here a couple of years ago, she was really tickled by the narrow lanes, especially when I asked her to fold her wing mirror in, just in case we met a passing car!!

 

The above photo is of my favourite beach, Bigbury on Sea. Can you believe I've been going there for almost 70 years. I have a photo taken there with my mum and dad, when I was only six months old, and a right little chub I was!!

 

This next photo was taken at  Salcombe. On a lovely sunny day, it's one of the best places in the world. I was trying out a new camera App with this photo. I have very fond memories of going for a walk with a girlfriend some years ago, and it was really boiling - too hot to actually walk in fact. So we sat under a sun umbrella on the Terrace of a lovely Hotel. We had morning coffee, which drifted into lunch, which drifted into an afternoon cream tea, which Devon and Cornwall are very famous for!  A perfect day with a wonderful view. 

 

I hope that these photos have managed to capture just a little of the beauty all around me. Hope to see you again with my Sunday Solace feature on Sunday. Bye for now. 

 
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com

8 comments:

Odie Langley said...

As always your post are amazing and beautiful. Devon is certainly one of the most beautiful places on this earth. Thanks for sharing. Love and hugs,
Odie

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you so much, Odie, and thank you for taking the time to pop over. Hope you're keeping well. Hugs my friend.

Suzanne Prickett said...

Good Morning, or should I try to say Hello, again, haha! I always love your sea photos, but, have realized today how massive your beaches seem to be. Large enough to park quite a number of boats on! There are no beaches close by to where I live, but, I have a friend who lives at Galveston Island in Texas. It's about an 8 hour drive from here. She has invited me to come for a visit several times, and I hope to get there soon. I have been several times since the 1960's, and, loved it. And, if I ever get to England, I will definitely visit your beautiful Devon. One of my aunts, my mother's sister, lives in London, I haven't seen her since I was a teen. This was so lovely, and the boats on the beach make it look so exciting! Have a great day, my friend, see you soon!

Southhamsdarling said...

I smiled again at the Hello! It would be so lovely if you could get over here sometime, and you really must try to make the effort to visit your friend at Galveston Island. You always leave such lovely comments - thank you my Texan friend 😊

Linda O'Connell said...

I am so thrilled to have visited your blog today. I feel as though I just walked the beach. Love your photos and envy your whereabouts. Have a great week.

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you Linda. I appreciate you coming over across the pond ! I knew from your Blog that you were a beach girl at heart! 😊

Eva Marie O'Brien said...

You certainly live in a lovely place, the walks must be so enjoyable. To walk is always good for releasing all sorts of stress and negativity.
Enjoy your evening my friend. I am just off work and will have four whole days off work :)

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Eva. I know that you do 'serious' walking! Thank you for dropping by, and enjoy those four days off. 😊😊