Total Pageviews

Monday 23 January 2017

Bright Days Here in Devon, But Even Brighter Days In Ibiza!

Hello everyone.  Hope you're all keeping well and that you haven't been brought low by any of the Winter bugs that seem to be doing the rounds. 

As I write this, I find it hard to believe that it's the 23rd January already.  Usually I find this month to be a long one, but I'm pleasantly surprised to find that, this year, it seems to be zipping by!  I daren't speak too soon, but perhaps it's something to do with the fact that we are having some really beautiful, bright sunny days here in deepest Devon, which always raises the spirits. 

This is a lovely quote, don't you think, and so very true ....

 

Those of you who have been following this Blog for a few years, will know that we can get some really miserable Winters....mild,  with that dreary drizzle which means that I can't even see the fields next to the garden, because of the low mist. Give me this weather any day, when you can wrap up and get outside in the fresh air and blow those cobwebs away. 

My eldest daughter is having an adventure at the moment. Her and her husband have decided to take an adult gap year, and moved to Ibiza for a year at the beginning of this month. Good for them, I say! Their daughter is  at University in Madrid, so this was an ideal time to do something like this. They absolutely love the Island, having been there many, many times on holiday over the past years. 

Here are a couple of photos of Ibiza...

 

 

My daughter and her husband....

 

Alfred, their little French Bulldog, is also loving the life over there!

 

The good thing is that I shall soon be exploring Ibiza for myself, as I am going out there to visit them for ten days at the end of April. 

Did someone mention the sewing machine??!!  Can you believe that the bobbin is still causing me problems?? Anyway, I shall not let it beat me - you thought that I would have created something wonderful by now, didn't you?!  

Well, I will say cheerio for now. Do leave a comment if you have the time - otherwise I'll think that I'm talking to myself over here. Don't answer that! 

6 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Wow ..what an adventure for your daughter and her husband. I haven't been to Ibiza though. And You, Madame Traveller 😊😊 have a super time when it comes round. And yiu are seeing grandaughter too. It is whizzing by but not in a good way for me. I Will private message you.

I would love to travel .more as yiu know. But sadly no one to do it with. Your daughter is very lucky.. lives near Paris too.

We haven't had fab weather here. Nothing to photograph anyway. Take care and stay warm xx

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Anne. Yes, it's an amazing adventure, especially in your mid-forties! I like how you referred to me as Madame Traveller! Well, it would be silly not to take advantage of this opportunity, wouldn't it?! I'm sorry you haven't been having bright days up there. That doesn't help your mood. I do hope you manage to get a break of some sorts this year., although I realize things are hard at the moment. Hopefully, this two shall pass ...... ❤️

Suzanne said...

I hate it when the bobbin gives problems! Sometimes they get tangled up, or knotted up somehow. I think the thread is sometimes faulty in spots that causes the bobbin to act up.

Sooo, how cool is that? Going to Ibiza! (I don't know where it is) It's so great that your daughter and husband are able to move there and enjoy it so much, and, with Alfred! How wonderful that you will be able to visit! It will be a great change in weather and different foods to enjoy.

Our weather has been cold in the mornings, and warmed up in the afternoons to be very nice. I've tried to do a little yard cleaning from winter's rampage. We still have February of course to get through, but it hasn't been too bad.

It was good to see you here, Thisisme! Love your photos. Have a great week! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Suzanne, my Texan friend. I'm glad you can sympathise with me about the bobbin. My daughter is very good, and assures me that I'm not actually doing anything wrong! Ibiza is an Island in the Mediterranean Sea, off the East coast of Spain. I'm sure I will love the food! I'm glad your Winter hasn't been too harsh for you. Always good to see you here, my friend 😊

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for your daughter and son-in-law. Not many of us get that chance to enjoy life together. Good for them I say. Lovely that you're going there for 10 days soon. I'm so excited to see the pictures and hear all about it. Of course, Little Alfred needs to see his Grandma! Hugs XX

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi there Bee Bee, o awesome one! Thank you for dropping by today. Yes, it's an amazing opportunity for them both, isn't it? It will be lovely for me to visit that beautiful Island and, also, too spend time with them again. It's been far too long! In fact, I think this is the longest period I've gone without seeing them. I'm sure I will be taking lots of pictures!