Total Pageviews

Thursday, 26 January 2017

Hold Close Those You Hold Dear....

It's a funny old life when you think about it, isn't it?  We're going along quite happily and then, all of a sudden, bop - our world comes tumbling down in an instant. 

Perhaps a family member or a friend becomes seriously ill, we lose a family member or a dear friend. Or, all of a sudden, we are faced with the prospect of a divorce that we never wanted. 

In many cases, we could lose a treasured pet, whose companionship had meant so much. 

Some people have even had to face losing a child, or grandchild, and my heart really breaks for those people. I simply can't imagine the hurt they have to endure for the rest of their lives. 

Or we could lose a friendship that was very precious to us, through misunderstandings that should never have been allowed to develop. Perhaps we took that friend for granted, or perhaps the other person simply got tired of us. 

All these things cause us immense hurt and pain, and we wonder how we will ever be able to cope. 

Some people struggle daily with pain, which makes it so hard for them to carry out even the most simple of tasks, which others just take for granted. 

A quote by C S Lewis always comes to my
mind.  Some of you may have heard of it ....

 

I think what he is saying is that there is no love without pain. But would we really choose not to have had that love in our lives?  Not to be able to treasure all the wonderful memories in our hearts? 

I have been blogging for over six and a half years, and all of my bloggy  friends have experienced any of those things I mentioned above. And yet....and yet.... all those people are amongst the most positive, encouraging and loving people that I know, which surely proves how indomitable the human spirit can be. 

Somehow we still turn our faces to the sun and look for good things ahead, and try to find peace in our hearts. 

This post is a little bit different for me today, but I hope it gives you food for thought, and, if nothing else, reminds you to treasure those you love, for none of us knows what tomorrow will bring. 

Take care my friends ❤️

15 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I know . I lost my friend as well as my husband. We had know each other years before. I have a wonderful family and amazing fab friends. 💜

Southhamsdarling said...

And that's such a lot to be thankful for, Anne, your lovely family and amazing friends. Where would we be without them?! ❤️

Suzanne Prickett said...

Good Morning, Thisisme! It is true, there is no love totally without pain. And, it is not just limited to romantic love as you say. I have experienced more pain as a grandmother than I ever thought possible. Most of it I have kept to myself, to protect others. How we worry and cry ourselves to sleep when we know things may not be as they should be for our loved ones. I am grateful for the day I did look up at the sun and took a step forward. For now, the pain is very minimal, and, I am glad for that, and for bringing happiness to those I care about.

Thank you for this wonderful post. I do hope you are well, my friend. It's freeeezing cold here this morning, but the sun is shining! ♥ Sending hugs!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hello Suzanne. Obviously I thought of you when writing this post. In fact, over the past few years, quite a few bloggies have had sad events in their lives. I know what you mean about being a grandma. My, we do worry about our children and our grandchildren, don't we? I am so glad, truly, that you did manage to look up to the sun, my friend. Let's hope that happier times are ahead for you, your son, and little Scooter. Brrrr! Very cold here today as well, with a bitter wind. I'm in the warm with my feet up now. ❤️

Empty Nester said...

I keep reading your posts on my phone but not posting my comments because it asks me to log in to my account and I can't remember the password. LOL This post rings so true. I hope you're being reflective and not going through any of this.

Lyndylou said...

This post made me cry. I say it all the time, that the pain I am in due to the loss of my beautiful Jack is because of the overwhelming love I had for him. If you love hard, then the loss is hard. It's a no brainer. I loved Jack from the moment he was born even though I knew instinctively in my heart that we would be on borrowed time. This only made me love him more.

To not know that love would be the most terrible thing!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

Southhamsdarling said...

Hello Pam. I'm glad you got here today. I was being reflective, although I have experienced many of the things I mentioned in my Post today. Enjoy your time with your adorable little granddaughter. She's such a cutie! ❤️

Southhamsdarling said...

Hello Lyndylou. Thank you so much for popping by to leave your comment. As I said, I just can't imagine how you're coping with the loss of your beautiful boy. We will all remember Jack, your handsome boy, with the most beautiful smile. All I can do is to say I often think of you and Holly, and I send love and hugs ❤️

Odie Langley said...

Yes your post really spoke to me as recently one of my aunts died. She was my mother's sister and sadly it had been literally years since I had seen 3 of my cousins that I grew up with. It was so good being able to see and talk to them at the funeral and I am trying to stay in touch now and trying to be a better cousin to them. My daughter Karen who has had 5 dogs for years recently had to put down one of her precious pets and I can think how it must have affected her just thinking about my precious Rocky boy is 8 years old now. We certainly need to make every day count to all that are in and around our family. Thanks for bringing it to mind.
Hugs,
Odie

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you Odie for your wise comment. I'm glad you made contact again with your cousins, and it would be lovely for you to keep in touch more often. I remember reading about Karen losing her beloved dog, and I know how upsetting that must have been for her. I hope your Rocky has many more years left yet to be your companion. I'm glad the post resonated with you today, my friend.

Bee Bee said...

Your post was a reminder to us all that we need to cherish those we love and perhaps even ourselves! As you know my mom is 92 now so it's difficult not to think of losing her but I try to focus on her spirit and spunk. She's amazing. Thank you for this lovely post my awesome friend. Also, I love the new header photo too. Hugs XX

Southhamsdarling said...

Hello Bee 🐝 Bee! Glad you like the header photo. I can image be you thinking about your mum, but you're doing the right thing by focusing on just how amazing she is. I do hope that she will soon be able to go home again. She is incredible! You're right, we do have to look after ourselves as well ❤️

flowers on my table said...

Hello Diane,
love that quote, and it's so true.More gratitude for all that we have is what is needed. I was listening to a lovely 'pause for thought' on radio 2 yesterday, the lady was quoting 'listen to the blessings that are falling like blossoms all around you'.(Or words to that effect!) I loved it as it was so descriptive, you could imagine it happening.I hope there are many many blossoms falling on you today my friend. Love Linda xx

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you for popping in again, Linda. What a lovely thought - the blessings falling on us like blossoms ❤. I do make sure that I count my blessings every day, even if it's just the little things. Always good to see you here.

andrea chiu said...

Good day. I was impressed with your article. Keep it up .
You can also visit my site if you have time. Thank you and Bless you always.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com