Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 March 2017

Garden Colours....

Here in heavenly Devon, Spring is springing up all over the place, and the gardens are suddenly bursting with colour. In my own garden, the very first tulips are appearing - one of my favourite flowers. Yes, it's lovely to receive a bouquet of flowers from time to time, but, if I'm honest, a bunch of tulips will do it for me every time!  Yes, I'm a cheap kind of gal! 

 

 

It's strange, but at this wonderful time of the year, with new life appearing all around me, I sometimes find  that I can feel a little, I don't quite know how to describe it, but a bit under par, I suppose. 

I have a birthday in just a few weeks, and I've noticed that I can feel like this each year,  round about this time.  I spoke to a couple of friends, and it was interesting to hear that they also feel the same way just before their birthdays.  Hopefully I will feel brighter again once the month tips over into my Star sign of Aries, which will occur on the 21st March. 

I know that in certain parts of the world, the clocks have already gone forward an hour, with the promise of lighter evenings. Over here in the U.K. the clocks won't alter until the  26th March, which will also be Mothering Sunday (Mothers Day). 

 
 

 
Photos taken today at Saltram House, a wonderful National Trust property nearby. 

I'll say cheerio again for now, but will see you again soon.  I'll leave you with this little quote, courtesy of Pinterest.com

 


5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Thisisme. I'm running late on blogging this week. My little Scooter is out of school for Spring break and I've let him play on my computer too much. I've had him do some school work to keep his mind occupied also.

I love your tulips. How do you get them every year? I can't seem to grow them. As a girl, my mother would have them every year. They are an amazing flower. And, your daffodils are so plentiful also. What beautiful pictures! The tree blossoms are so stunning...there are pear trees and red bud trees blooming in my area right now.

I believe in the quote you left for us. "There are always flowers for those who want to see them." Even if there are no flowers currently in my garden, I can always purchase some beautiful ones at my neighborhood grocery store. I recently had a bunch of white carnations on my little table to enjoy. I will get some tulips for the table soon. You can get them cut also, and they do last about a week in the vase, bringing back fond memories of days gone by.

I've enjoyed your Spring photos, and, I wondered if your time changes as ours does. Our time has moved forward one hour now, and it is still daylight at 7:00pm. Kind of mixes up the dinner hour! Have a wonderful day and weekend ahead! Hugs!

Southhamsdarling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Suzanne! And I'm late in replying., but I'm here now. I see you've had little Scooter home with you. Keeping you very busy, I'm sure! As to the tulips, well they just keep coming up every year, just like the daffodil bulbs. No skill on my part, I'm afraid!! I agree, the tree blossoms are just coming into their own now. It's such a beautiful time of the year. Our time doesn't go forward until the 26th of this month. I'm very much looking forward to the longer days, but it really needs to warm up a bit over here!! Enjoy the week ahead, my Texan friend. Hugs ❤

Unknown said...

A lovely post and of course I just had my birthday on the 24th for the big "70". I am so thankful that I met you and have had the pleasure of seeing shots of your beautiful family too. Have a wonderful day knowing you have someone across the pond that loves you.

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment ❤️ I hope you liked the photo I put on Facebook for your 70th. I chose the photo especially for you, and then added the text to it. I hope you have a lovely day with your family tomorrow (Sunday).