Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 June 2017

Mid-Summer Days Here In Heavenly Devon...

 
It's almost mid Summer's day, and we are being blessed with sunshine, bright blue skies and lovely warm air. How lovely it is to feel the warmth of the sun and to feel a cooling breeze. When we have weather like this, it really is heavenly Devon in my little part of the world. A time to drive to the coast and watch the sun disappear over the edge of the ocean, and when I'm driving my Mini to the beach, life suddenly seems much simpler and more relaxed.

 

The seasons change .... far too quickly for me these days... and, with this glorious spell of weather, the farmers are out making the first cut of the grass before the hay making begins. As you will see from my new header photo above, I see this at very close quarters!

 
 
We're having some glorious Summer evenings at the moment, and it's lovely to sit outside with a glass of Rosè and appreciate the garden, rather than working hard on it all the time.  Very soon, I expect the hot air balloons will start to float just above the fields. I had a ride in a hot air balloon once and enjoyed champagne at 1,000 feet. I enjoyed it, until it was time to land!

 

 

 
I really like this last quote (all quotes today are courtesy of Pinterest.com by the way, where you can find anything and everything).

In June, the world smells of roses, and I have more than my fair share in the garden at the moment..

 

 

 

 

I do hope that you are enjoying some sunshine as you read this, although I realise that for some of you, it will be the season of Winter. Anyway, wherever you are, try to take some time just for YOU - we have to look after ourselves, in order that we may help others.  Sunny and positive thoughts are coming your way from here in deepest Devon.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello my sweet and lovely friend. Another wonderful post with pictures that say so many beautiful things about your sweet Devon. You are certainly blessed to be in that gorgeous part of our world. We surely are having summer her in NC and even though it is lovely and the crops are looking so healthy the heat can be a little too much at times especially when that cool breeze is not around. At the moment Rocky and I are enjoying our precious air conditioning and Rocky is working on a nap laying on a blanket in the chair next to me. I hope you have the most wonderful weekend and thanks for blessing us with your wonderful posts.
Odie

Unknown said...

Your photos have put an awesome smile on my face just when I needed it. Cherish that weather!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Odie. Thank you for that lovely comment - I'm glad you enjoyed the post and your comments are always so encouraging. I don't think I would like it quite so hot as you get over there in NC. Thank heaven you have the air conditioning! I enjoyed seeing the photo of little Rocky that you sent me. I bet he gets really spoilt! Have a good week over there, Odie.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi BeeBee. Yes, I'm enjoying this bout of weather. We're having our own little heatwave at the moment! I'm so
Glad you enjoyed the photos, my awesome friend 😊

Lili Sulastri said...

Beautiful photos of your garden and flowers. Enjoy your summer while you can.

Suzanne said...

Oh, Thisisme, I knew you had the prettiest roses ever! One of your previous photos showed the plants just loaded with buds. Thank you for posting them all in bloom for us to see. And, your header photo is just beautiful with the field and tractor!

It's pretty hot here in Texas now. But, we are just kind of relaxing and not doing too much. My son and Scootie and I have planned a getaway for a few days next month, and are pretty excited about it. I enjoyed your quotes, and do hope to do some things for ME! First of, a haircut is in order, haha! Love your post. Have a great week! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you so much Lili! I'm melting over here - temps in the 30's today. 😳

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Suzanne. A haircut sounds like a good start!! I'm so happy that the three of you are planning a little getaway. I look forward to hearing all about it. We're having such a hot spell at the moment - nothing to what you're used to, I'm sure, but I'm afraid it's a bit much for me at the moment. It's the evenings when you can't sleep that's the worst! Take care my friend.