Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 October 2016

Summer Colour In The Garden

Hello again. I can only hope that you enjoyed the first tour of my garden, as I now take you into Summer...

 
Quote courtesy of Pinterest.com

 
 
 

Years ago, I used to spend so much on bedding plants, but for a long time now, I have bought Perrenials which come up year after year. 


 

 

With the size of the garden, I decided to invest in a greenhouse about three years ago, and, really, it was such a good buy. All plants now are bought as tiny little plug plants and then re-potted until they are ready to go into the earth. 

 

 

You might have noticed little statues dotted around. I do like to have lots of little things of interest to catch the eye. If anything ever got rusty, I used to throw it away, but have you noticed when you visit Garden Centres and the like, 'rust' is all the rage now. So I hang on to them and, and find that I actually really like things that have an aged appearance. Bit like me really. Oh! Talking of moi....

 

I look very composed there, don't I?!  They say that the camera never lies, although these days with all the editing tools that are around, that's not quite true!  Anyway, I was bending down trying to take a Selfie whilst trying to get the garden in the right position behind me, when I fell into the plants! My glasses came off and I was ten minutes or so looking for them in amongst the foliage. But...ever the trooper...I managed to get my photo!

 

 

The following photo was taken in the early evening, as the sun was going behind the trees, and it was evening in the next photo as well. I have to say that I love catching the garden in this light. It is so much softer - I just love it!

 

 

Aren't the Lupins glorious?!  I was so pleased with them, as they were only put in earlier this year. As they faded, I took a lot of seeds, and new plants are coming along nicely in the greenhouse, even as we speak.

 

I think, and this is just my personal opinion, that I left the best photo to last. The above photo was taken at dusk and, to me, actually being there, it was absolutely magical. If a couple of little fairies had appeared, I wouldn't have been a bit surprised. The colours of the plants and the sky, the warmth of the air.... or was it the glass of wine in my hand ....  no, no, I'm kidding. There was no glass of wine - just me, nature, and one of those perfect balmy, Summer evenings. 

I do hope you'll pop over again on Sunday, for the second edition of Sunday Solace. Take care ....

10 comments:

Sush said...

I always enjoy visits to your garden. You have so many 'rooms' and gorgeous vistas! Thanks for the tour and I'm glad you found your glasses๐Ÿ˜ Hugs~

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Sush. Yes, I can tell you that a few choice words were used when I was hunting for my glasses! ๐Ÿ˜ณ So glad you enjoyed the photos today. Perhaps you could write a couple of Posts again whilst you're recuperating - ?? Just an idea!

Unknown said...

Always enjoy your lovely posts. Have a great rest of your week.
Hugs,
Odie

Suzanne said...

You have the most beautiful gardens, and, oh, those Lupins are lovely-I could see them at the back in one of your photos. I agree with you on the statuary looking just as good as it ages. I also have a few broken pieces in a garden or two. The best is the photo of you-you take the best selfies! I can't ever take a good one. Love your hat too! This is so great Thisisme! Have a great weekend, see you soon! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you Odie. So glad you enjoy the Posts. It's strange being back here again!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Suzanne. I do use a Selfie Stick when I take the photos. My arms aren't long enough otherwise! I've just been out in the garden for a couple of hours. The exercise will do me good! Hope you are doing well ๐Ÿ˜Š

Empty Nester said...

Your garden is lovely and so are you! What a funny tale of falling into the flowers! I do things like that all the time. I don't have the patience for such a large garden. Maybe when Baby M gets older and we spend more time outdoors. :)

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Pam. Yes, I tend to do things like that quite a lot as well! The garden IS a lot of work and sometimes I just wish I had a little walled garden with climbing roses and lots of terracotta pots. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Unknown said...

These are all stunning photos but my personal favorite is the one with the gorgeous horses in the background!

Southhamsdarling said...

Bee Bee - I thought you would like that one somehow ❤️