Total Pageviews

Friday 22 September 2017

Autumn Gently Creeps In ....

It's that day again....yes, Friday!  I came across this quote by Oscar Wilde this week, and I thought it was very appropriate right now ...



Summer does seem to be collapsing quite quickly over here in ye merry olde England!  I'm still hoping for an Indian Summer, as my friend from Wisconsin arrives next week!  



It will be lovely to see her again. With all this modern technology, it is so much easier to keep in touch with family and friends who live long distances away, but you can't beat actually sitting right there with them, laughing at silly things, and generally putting the world to rights. It would be lovely if you could all send some positive vibes this way, so that we are blessed with some good weather while she is here. Thank you!

But we started off talking about Autumn....these two pics taken in my garden last year sum up the season very well, I think. There's always this wonderful light in Autumn, when everything  seems so crisp and clear. 





Going back to the Oscar Wilde quotation at the beginning of this Post,  there is another one that is a favourite of mine, and I actually have it on a little plaque here in the home ...



Most of my long term bloggy friends, know how much I love quotations, and I'm always looking out for new ones. Pinterest is a wonderful source for doing this. Sometimes you read a quote, and you just think, 'yes', that's exactly it!  

I'm sure most of us love taking photos, be it of our family, times spent with friends, our gardens, places we have visited, or just anything that takes our eye.  This quote fits the bill exactly, for we truly are capturing a moment in time and, of course, these days most of us carry our phones with us, so there is no excuse to miss a magic moment!



Well my friends, I'll wind it up again for now. I'm sure I will be taking lots of photos over the next couple of weeks to share with you later on!  It's quite fascinating I find, when you are taking a friend to places  you've known all your life.  Because they have never been to those places before, you suddenly see locations  in a whole different light.

Enjoy your weekend and be safe. I'll leave you with the following ....



There's a new Featured Post up today.  Just click on the link at the top of the column on the right hand side - it's all about the bigger picture. 

After writing the above post, I have discovered that today is the Autumn Equinox - don't say that I'm not ahead of the game!! 😊😊

Any images today that are not my own, are courtesy of Pinterest.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely post. Very uplifting. I do hope your weather is good when Diane visits but somehow I think you'll both have an awesome time.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi BeeBee. Thank you for taking the time to come and visit today., and I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Yes, I'm sure Diane and I will have an enjoyable time, but it will be even better if the weather is kind to us! Enjoy your weekend my awesome friend 😊

Suzanne said...

You said it right, Thisisme. Autumn is so refreshing...everything is so crisp and clear. I love your autumn pictures, of the bench surrounded by colorful leaves. This is a very nice post, love the Oscar Wilde quote...I've never seen that one before! I do hope your weather shows off clear and lovely for your friend's visit! Have a great week! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you Suzanne, for coming across and leaving a comment. I hope that you are getting some cooler weather over there now. I do hope that the weather here in Devon will be pleasant when the other arrives! Not so much fun trudging around in the rain, is it?! Hope you have a good weekend with your little man!