Total Pageviews

Friday 21 April 2017

A Couple of Perfect Weeks.

Well, hello to you all once again. It keeps coming up on my Facebook Notifications that the people who 'like' and follow my Blog, haven't heard from me in a while, so would I like to write something - if I could think of something entertaining, then, yes, I would love to write something!

 

Having put that exclamation mark there, it reminded me of something that a teacher in my Creative Writing Class told me, many years ago, and that was, that I tended to use too many exclamation marks!!! (Surely not...).  She said that the sentence should speak for itself, without the need for my scattering of these punctuation marks 😊. I'm sure she was absolutely correct in what she said, and I do try to refrain from not using too many of them. I think that part of it, is me trying to convey my enthusiasm to you!

Anyway, it has been a rather busy but very special couple of weeks, with the occasion of my 70th birthday, followed immediately by Easter. 

 

I read somewhere that on entering your 70's, you are entering the sunset of your life. Well, I hope to have many more beautiful sunsets before I shuffle off this mortal coil. (See! I would have inserted an exclamation mark there, but I refrained from doing so).  

 
 
I did have a truly wonderful family and friends orientated birthday, celebrating in Ibiza (just a week before) and again when I arrived home, with lots of long, leisurely lunches, many by the sea, which I love. I must say that I do count my blessings every day for the love of my family and for the gift of my very special group of female friends, who can always be relied upon to provide fun, laughter, support and encouragement. 

 

 

Once again, I always feel that I should apologise to my Facebook friends, as they will have already seen the photos that I'm featuring today. 

 

So then, as you can see, I'm still here, albeit another decade older, but still up for being silly at times and wanting to enjoy every day that I am blessed with. A quote from one of my Facebook friends rather appealed to me, so I am including it here. Amen to that!

 

As part of my birthday celebrations, my number two daughter and I went to a beautiful performance of Madame Butterfly last evening. This reminded me of  when I last went to the Opera, and my Featured Post features this visit today. Just click on the link
At the top of the right hand side bar. 

 

I hope you're all doing well, wherever you may be, and, as always, thank you so much for taking the time to read my meanderings ❤️

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

I just love all the photos of you and your family in Ibiza! (oops an exclamation mark) There is so much sunshine and beautiful waters. And, all of the food looks so delicious, and that large Birthday candle is really cool!
I've never seen a live production of "Madame Butterfly", but I can imagine it is a wonderful one. And, I want to mention your header picture...the flowers are so pretty in their orange colors!

Well, 70 and fabulous, this has been a memorable Birthday, if ever! It looks like your family was having a total ball, the two children are so wonderful, and are so fortunate to have the best adults in their lives. Many happy more days, Thisisme! Hugs to you from Texas! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you so much Suzanne - again for being leaving a comment, and for being such a true supporter of my blogging efforts. I still like to use those exclamation marks, I must admit! I'm glad you noticed the new header photo. The Geums really are looking beautiful at the moment, scattered around the garden. So my friend, I'm now slowly coming back to earth following all the celebrations. That can be hard sometimes.! Look after yourself my Texan friend ❤️

Sush said...

I'm always thrilled to see another post. And another chance to revisit the love showered on you by your family and friends is lagniappe! Ibiza looks so beautiful and I'm so thrilled you went to see Madame Butterfly! I'm hoping once Steve retires and we are both very mobile we can attend the opera once more! Happy extended birthday dear friend!
Loves~Loves~Loves~

Southhamsdarling said...

Awww! How lovely to see you Sush! And I've learnt another new word from you - lagniappe! I do hope that you are feeling much better and that Steve makes a full recovery from his knee op. I can just imagine things in your house at times! We are blessed indeed with our families, aren't we? Thank you for popping over to deepest Devon ❤️

Glenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenda said...

I think of an exclamation mark as the "happy" punctuation mark. It was all we had to use to convey our happiness before those little heart marks and smile emojis were invented!!! ❤️

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Glenda. All my favourite people are appearing today! I like your take on that little exclamation mark. You're right, it WAS all we had to convey excitement or happiness, etc. I still love it! Thanks for coming over my friend.

Unknown said...

Another glorious post my dear sweet friend and I love the pictures so much especially being able to see those gorgeous daughters of yours. We entered the 70's at about the same time and I am happy that I can still outwalk just about anyone in Walmart as see so many people using canes and walkers. Thanks again for all the lovely photos and know you are loved from across the "pond"
Odie

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you, Odie, for your lovely comment. I'm so glad that we are both in good health - touch wood - and that your walking is still good. As you say, there are a lot of people who have many health problems of one kind or another. May we continue to be blessed, my friend. Thank you, as always, for coming over to see me, and I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. Look after yourself over there.