Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 July 2018

Sunday Snaps...


(The above image is courtesy of Pinterest.com - all other images are my own).

Many moons ago, on my Blog, I used to run a feature called Sunday Snaps, so I thought I would share a few photos that I’ve taken during the past week

You might notice that I snuck a little Sunday morning treat in with my fresh fruit this morning - and why not?!  It’s looking quite Mediterranean out there, isn’t it, as this wonderful Summer continues, with long days full of unbroken sunshine ☀️ and balmy evenings. It’s certainly going to be a shock to the system when it all ends!





One of the things that is a big plus for me, is that I haven’t had to cut the grass for ages. Usually, at this time of the year, I’m cutting it every five days. 





Mind you, the children break up from school for their six week Summer break at the end of this week, and that’s not usually a good omen, weather wise, if past years are anything to go by. 





Interestingly, the timing of the Summer school  holiday has existed since the 19th Century here in England,  and it is thought that it was so that the children could help in the fields at Harvest time!  Obviously, mechanisation has come a long way since then, and I’m sure many parents (and children) would like the holidays to be a bit earlier, when the days are at their longest. After all, by the beginning of September, the days are really starting to draw in again. 

I’ll close for now with a couple of latest photos of my family, who are such a blessing to me. Look after yourselves and I’ll drop in again soon. 





I’ve finally changed the Featured Post - you might be interested to see our narrow roads here in heavenly Devon!  Just click on the link at the top of the right hand sidebar. 

No comments: