Total Pageviews

Saturday 8 September 2018

🎼🎶Don’t Worry, Be Happy🎶🎵

Well, hallo again little peeps. I’ve been writing a blog for almost 10 years now and, unbelievably, I wrote a post almost EVERY DAY for the first couple of years. 



Now, more often or not, I find myself staring at a blank piece of paper, wondering what to write!  As I was cogitating today, the word WORRY came into my mind.  We all do it, don’t we - in fact, over the years, it’s amazing the amount of time I’ve spent worrying - over big things and, also, the most trivial of things. 



Of course, as we go through our lives, there are genuine things that we worry about, and these are probably things that all of us worry about from time to time, but there is also a lot of other stuff that we should just let go.  



To be honest, I can remember worrying about things in the past, which never even happened anyway.  Worrying too much, of course, must also affect our well being, because it creates stress within us, and stress is something that we can all do without. 



There can be no doubt, also, that as well as affecting our physical side by causing that stress within us, it can also affect our minds, whereby we start looking at things in a negative way, rather than focusing on the positive and trying to remain upbeat.



I do try to worry less, now that I’m older and, if those worries do creep in, they are invariably about family and friends.  I’ve found that it’s perhaps alright to worry about things that you can do something about, but you can’t take on every worry about the state of the world 🌍., although I’m sure we all support causes that we believe in. Having said that,  all any of us can do, at the end of the day, is to make sure that our own little corner of the world is filled with compassion, generosity, kindness and love towards others. 

If you are plagued with a genuine worry as you read this, I pray that things will work out for you. 



Look after yourself my friends.

(All images today courtesy of Pinterest.com)





6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Well Thisisme, I think you wrote this lovely post with me in mind, haha! You have a grand way of approaching life's worries with positive conversation, and a bit of humor.

All of your featured quotes make sense! I have to chuckle at your comment about how we worried about things in the past that never happened anyway! How true, and, a deep sigh of relief for that! I confess, I have to laugh at some of those incidents of worry, but, at the same time, I learned from them. And, too, it's so correct that we have worried about things that really don't matter too much. I think we do that because we are concerned and want to be sure we cover all bases. We want things to turn out well for all concerned.

Love this post, Thisisme. I, for one am doing a bit better about not being the biggest worry-wart around. I try to smile and laugh off issues that may cause me to worry...the ones I know that I can control, that are not going cause a worrisome threat!

It's so good to see you here...we are getting yet another heavy rain today. A good day for blogging. Have a wonderful weekend, Thisisme. Sending hugs your way! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you for your lovely comment Suzanne - you’re on the ball today, but I’m really glad you enjoyed the Post! I know that you’ve had more than your fair share of REAL worries. That’s why we must ‘let go of the smaller things’. You’re right, of course, in that we want the best for everyone. I really do value your support of my Blog., my Texan friend. I hope the rain stops and that you have a good week ahead. Hugs ❤️

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

A beautiful post and I love your quotes. I try my hardest to remember "let go of the little things" doesn't always work.. Since coming back from Italy, I have been a little down, little sad but have been helping my friend Linda, who I went with. She is really down.. Menopausal and had enough.. Things can be so tough. I have yet to move.. Nearly there. Friday 14th September.. We had funeral of stepfather.. Lots of Fallings out unfortunately but day went well.. Met a cousin, not seen or heard from for 8 years, we aren't a close family, she is suffering as husband left her for a woman from Malaysia.. Internet meet up.. So all in all a bit tough.. So really Diane, I am feel G it.. Thanks for your cheeriness ������

Southhamsdarling said...

Lovely to see you here, Anne. I can well imagine that you would be feeling down after your lovely trip to Italy 🇮🇹. I do hope that things will settle down when you actually make your move, and into your new house. I’m sure you will have lots to get on with then, and more lovely places to discover. I’m sorry to hear about your friend and your cousin. None of us knows what is around the corner, do we?, I do think of you, and I really do hope that the move will bring good things your way. Take care xx

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

����������. I will definitely keep you posted . Grazie Mille, merci ������. So right.. We never know what is around the corner.. Trying to support my friend.. And now she is sad that I am moving.. �� Xx take care.

Southhamsdarling said...

😟😟I’m sure your friend will
Miss you. People seem drawn to you, Anne, so I’m sure you will make new friends when you move ❤️