Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 September 2020

Start September with Positive Thoughts

Hallo again everyone. It's been a while!  I hope you are all keeping in good spirits as we start the new month and start to enter a new Season. 



Can you believe it's September already?!  Even in this most strangest of years, the days, weeks and months still seem to be galloping by. This will certainly be a year that we will never forget!  Even though people are gradually out and about a bit more now, everything is so different. But oh the joy of meeting up with a friend and actually going out for lunch after five months!  Something that I used to do all the time. My, how we used to take things for granted!

As you can see from the above photo, this is the time of the year when I start cutting back in the garden, which I was doing yesterday. I always call it putting the garden to bed until the next year. Fortunately, the roses are still doing splendidly, and the geraniums are still giving plenty of colour. 





Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to start the new month with some positivity, and so I am including a few quotes courtesy of Pinterest.com. I think we can all do with these.  









Don't forget to hang on to HOPE.  There's never been a better time to say......this too shall pass....and it will.  Look after yourselves little peeps and keep safe. 

I'll leave you with a couple of pics of little Benji, who loves to play hide and seek in the garden. Hopefully they might make you smile 😊 






10 comments:

Cathy H said...

Wonderful upbeat post as usual. 💖💖

BB said...

We can certainly use some positivity across the pond. The negativity and hatred in this country is shameful. Your post certainly made me smile especially Beni playing hide and seek. Thanks for that my awesome friend 💖

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Cathy. I do try!! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate that.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi BB. We are watching what is happening in America every evening on our News, it's certainly not in a good place right now, is it? I do hope that all the divisions can somehow be healed. I think it's going to be a long old haul leading up to the Presidential Election!

Linda O'Connell said...

Sweet Benji made my heart pitti-pat. Seasons change, the world is changing. We need positivity. Thanks.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Linda. Thank you for popping over! I'm glad you liked the photos of little Benji. He is such a sweet little pup. I think we do need positivity in these ever changing times Linda. There seems to be so much doom and gloom in all the media outlets. Take care.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I needed this todat as I am in not a good way mentally but this has helped

Southhamsdarling said...

Awww Jo-Anne, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know that a lot of people are struggling at the moment. Sending you hugs and positive vibes. I do hope you will feel brighter soon. Take care x

Suzanne said...

Hi Thisisme. I'm late as usual. Trust me, I am always on time for appointments, never late. I'm just late these days trying to get fun things done. I love your quotes, especially
"Even the toughest days won't last forever", and I have to say I am so thankful for that. I've had some pretty tough days lately, and my favorite thoughts are for the end of the evening when I jump into my be with my book, and TV tuned on to Law and Order. I keep the volume down while I read, and also my classic rock radio station is on low until "lights out." I will be dropping Shawn off at his school in the morning for half a day, then the normal days start on Tuesday. His studies have been pretty tough up to this point, and I will appreciate the teachers getting it on schedule.

I love your garden photos...that looks to be a lot of work. I just don't garden anymore, with so much of my time needed in other areas. Benji has so much fun, doesn't he! What a darling little guy. Love your post this time too, Thisisme! Sending you hugs! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Suzanne. It’s very kind of you to take the trouble to pop over and leave a comment. I know that you must have enough on your plate! I have to admit that the garden here is far too big really. It’s hard keeping on top of it all to keep it looking good! I can imagine that you look forward to that peaceful time at the end of your day. I always listen to 60’s music quietly as I drift off to sleep. I put it on a 40 minute timer and hopefully I’ve drifted off before the music finishes! Eli and Ruby are just returning to school now. I think they do need to get back, for all sorts of reasons. Anyway my Texan friend, do look after yourself and try to keep positive. Sending love and hugs to you 🥰