Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 November 2013

For All My American Bloggy Friends ....;

 Thanksgiving


On my bucket list- want to experience an American thanks giving

May I wish you all a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING day!
I hope you will be surrounded by your loved ones and, if not, I know you will be thinking of them in your hearts.
 
 
I like the wheat... maybe have them just like this at the guest book table...

Warm and cosy!
Be Thankful.
 
Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
Because it means you’ve made a difference.
It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.
GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.
Author Unknown.

Thanksgiving

15 comments:

Pearson Report said...

What a cheerful post - full of thanks and joy.

May I take this moment to give "thanks" to you for the pleasure I get when dropping by and reading your blog. It is always a source of happiness; with your colourful photos and positive energy.

With smiles, Jenny

Unknown said...

Good morning Diane,
As usual a nice and heartfelt post.
Enjoy your day

Hugs,
Eva

Grammy Goodwill said...

Thank you for this lovely post.

Claudia Moser said...

Good morning have a lovely day!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hallo, dear Thisisme! I see that you are displaying a new header today - a magnificent collage!

Thank you for offering pretty pictures and words of wisdom for those of us who are celebrating Thanksgiving today. An unknown author wrote that Be Thankful list to remind us that we can reframe any circumstances to change their meaning from negative to positive. For example, this will be the first Thanksgiving in 15 years that I won't have Toto sitting on the floor next to me begging for turkey. I certainly miss Toto but at the same time I am thankful that her suffering has ended and that she is in a better place now. This morning the temperature is in the upper 30 outside my house. It is by far the coldest day of the season but I am thankful for the refreshing change in the weather after many months of uncomfortable heat and humidity.

One thing for which I am especially thankful today is this wonderful Shadykins & Thisikins friendship of ours. Thank you for all that you are, dear friend Thisisme. Truly you are a gift to the world.

Shelly said...

Thank you, my sweet friend! You are invited to Thanksgiving at our house any time you should make it over here. There is so very much to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Manzanita said...

So many gorgeous pictures and such warm wishes to your bloggie friends. I wish you a Happy 4th Thursday and hope your Thanksgiving Day was the best day. Thank you.

BECKY said...

Diane, what a beautiful, thoughtful post! I love all the photos! Gotta love Charlie Brown and his gang, too, don't you?! :)Sending you thankful hugs for your friendship and kindness!

Montanagirl said...

Wonderful post! Really like the verse. Have a terrific day.

BB said...

Such a beautiful poem and I thank you for the lovely Thanksgiving wishes. You are my awesome friend and for that I am very thankful!! XX

LindyLouMac said...

What a lovely tribute to our american friends.

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Diane,
Wonderful post of the Thanksgiving Day to our American friend♡♡♡
You are always such a warmhearted lady whom I'm proud of being able to call my friend(^_^)v

Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*


Linda said...

Beautiful post and lovely photos.

romance-of-roses said...

Hello, what a lovely post and I thank you for it. Your pictures are very pretty. We had a wonderful family day and hope you did also. Hugs, Lu

Sally Wessely said...

Thank you! We had a good day. It was full of family and food. Now, we are in the midst of the rush before Christmas.