Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 October 2015

Home Once More From Across The Pond....

Hi everyone. Yes, I returned from across the pond a couple of days ago, having spent a wonderful three weeks staying with friends in Green Bay, Wisconsin - Go Pack Go! Sorry, that was for any Green Bay Packers' fans that might be reading this.  Anyway, onto pumpkins....


I love how they are everywhere in America at the moment. They just look so cheerful and colourful. Don't you think?




I love how the Americans celebrate Thanksgiving, and I really wish it was a holiday that we celebrated over here in England. After all, we all have many things to be thankful for.  Perhaps I'll start a new tradition!

I just love this Season of Autumn, especially on days when we have bright blue skies. It is such a colourful time of the year, as all the trees put on such a show of colour for us.  The Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness....here is a photo of the beautiful Ephraim in Door County, Wisconsin - a place that holds very special memories for me. 


Here is a sunset over Lake Michigan, at Egg Harbour, again in Door County. 


Most of the cute little towns are decorated like this....


I will share some more photos in my next Post. Bye for now my bloggy friends...



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Diane, and welcome back. It was lovely to see all your photos you were posting on facebook, it was so beautiful there. Glad to hear that you had a good time. Enjoy your week ahead.

Sally Wessely said...

You certainly had a wonderful visit during a glorious time of year. Love the colors you captured.

I've never been to Door County. It is a place that I'd love to visit.

Knitty said...

I am happy to hear you saw some fun and beautiful sights here in the US. Residents and visitors might think nothing is every good or pretty if you listen to the news, so I try to avoid that.

Summer is my favorite season weather wise, but early autumn is hard to beat for color.

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you Eva Marie! I e certainly brought home some very happy memories.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Sally. Really lovely to see you here. I really have fallen in love with America and the people who live there! Door County is beautiful.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo there Knitty. Thank you for calling by. I really do love America and the people couldn't be more welcoming. I am always made to feel very special.

Sush said...

Glad you made it home. I'm sure you have some wee ones that are very happy to have Gramma home and some slightly older ones glad to have Momma within shouting distance!
I have visited that area while we were attending our nephew's wedding in Wisconsin about 14 or so years ago! It is very fresh and clean and the people so very friendly! Almost Southern, lol!
Thanks for the comment on Elise's previous birthday blog. How time flies!
xoxox

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Sush! Almost Southern, eh?! Funny!! Yes, Eli and Ruby were very pleased to see me, which gladdened this old heart!! How time flies indeed, my friend.