Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 May 2018

Sunshine and A Royal Wedding ...

Hello to you all.  I hope all is well with you, wherever you are as you read this.  We have had some glorious weather here over the past week or so, and I have tried to take advantage of this by visiting gardens and going on coastal walks here in heavenly Devon, where all these gorgeous places are right on my doorstep. 

















So then, we come to a very special wedding which will be taking place this Saturday, at Windsor, here in the UK 🇬🇧.  Yes, it’s Harry and Meghan.  I wish them both every happiness - it’s clear that Harry is besotted, and I really do hope that Meghan realises exactly what she is taking on, by becoming a member of the Royal Family. Obviously, it’s all very exciting at the moment, but she will never again be able to just pop out to the shops on her own, or any of the simple things that we all take for granted. She will now always have to be accompanied by plain clothes armed Police Officers. Certainly she will live a life of luxury, but at what cost?



My sympathy at the moment is totally with Meghan’s father -at the time of writing, it is unclear whether he will even be attending the wedding, let alone walking his daughter down the aisle.  He has had the world’s press camped outside his door, and I feel, to be honest, that the Royal Family could have done much more to avoid this whole situation. Why on earth didn’t they bring her mum and dad over here a couple of weeks ago, to get them used to what was expected of them.  Again, I just can’t understand why Prince Harry hasn’t even met his future wife’s father.  To me, that’s not really good enough, although I know that he has met his future mother in law.  The poor man has rather just been left to hang out to dry, I feel.  Quite sad.  

But let’s wish them both every happiness as they start off on their married life together. I’m sure that they will try to do a lot of good with all the various Charities that they are involved with. I do feel that Diana lives on in both her boys, as they have so much empathy for the underdog.  




Congratulations to them both 🇬🇧🇺🇸🍾🥂

No comments: