Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Trying To Make It Snappy!

Hallo again - it’s me, writing from heavenly Devon.  Whenever I’ve glanced at any advice about writing a Blog Post, invariably they tell you to start off with a snappy title, to draw people in.  Hence the title of this Post!  So then, did it work?  Were you all agog to see what I was going to be writing about today?!  Oh well, it was worth a try 😊

Hard to believe, but just for a few days last week, Summer suddenly arrived. No Spring - just Summer!  Everyone had their shorts and t-shirts on and, suddenly, everyone looked happy, as they basked in the warm temperatures.  Here are a few photos of the delightful little coastal resort of Salcombe - a haven for tourists during the Summer months, but at this time of the year, still relatively peaceful, which is just how we locals like it. I mustn’t say that really,  because Devon and Cornwall rely heavily on tourism.







I was also able to pay a visit to one of the best National Trust properties here in the South West, on a perfect, balmy day.  I have to say that I count my blessings every day, and especially for having the good health to be able to get around to do all these things.  Something that I never, ever take for granted.  A few photos of the magnificent gardens at Stourhead. 









I have been giving some consideration to starting up a completely new Blog, in addition to this one, but one that focused on gardening and my own garden.  But, on reflection, I thought that might get a little confusing, so I have decided to incorporate gardening photos in with my Southhamsdarling Blog.  

These two photos are special to me - the first one features a new garden fairy, given to me by daughter number 1, and the second shows lovely tulips and anemones, which were bulbs given to me by daughter number 2 in the Autumn last year.  Did I tell you how blessed I am with my two beautiful daughters?!  Also, of course, I am very blessed with three healthy grandchildren.  So much to be thankful for.













I hope this Post might have been of some interest to you, and I will try to think of some ‘snappy’ titles to use in the future 😊.   Sending best wishes to all those who ‘follow’ my blog, and thank you for your support. 



Meanwhile, something to ponder on, as I leave you ......



Last two images courtesy of Pinterest.com














2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Thsisme! Now that was pretty Snappy! Love your post title, and your photos are even better! I saw some of your Stourhead gardens photos on FB, but don't remember that tall tower-like structure! And, the cemetery is lovely! I believe you when you mention being in good health, so as to visit lovely areas and enjoy more of life. I had a doctor visit yesterday and was proud to get a good report, but, I do have hip problems and don't garden as vigorously as I use to, and, have to be careful not to fall.

I remember reading some tips on Blogging, and it was said that you should make the title catchy! So, like you, I try to lure readers with an interesting title. I am getting a kick out of your title, Thisisme! I can almost hear you saying it, haha!

So...you've been teased by Summer's entrance and quick exit! But your gardens really showed up for all of us to enjoy. You have some very pretty tulips-I, on the other hand, have to buy them already grown because I don't have good luck with them. And, a pretty little fairy graces your garden making us feel welcome.

We're having cool weather today with a chance of rain. And, I am working on a blog post, hopefully to post within the next few days-better check that title though, it may be a bit too drab! I love your post, and your beautiful family pictures! Have a great week! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Suzanne! Thank you so much for your lovely comment, and for coming over. I’m glad the title made you smile! It seems we were both reading the same advice. I’m sure you’ll come up with something snappy! Tulips are really easy to grow over here. I love buying tulips to have in the house - they really are a sign of Spring! The weather has turned damp and much colder again this week. I got excited too soon! 😂. I’m glad you had a good Doctor’s report, but sorry to hear that you have problems with your hip. I’m sure that inhibits your gardening quite a lot. I’m sure Scootie keeps you on your toes! Let me know when your Post comes up, and I’ll come over to take a look. Take care my Texan friend. 😊