Total Pageviews

Monday 26 August 2019

A Love Of Notebooks? 📒



Hallo again lovely peeps. I'm writing this on Bank Holiday Monday here in the UK, and we are in the middle of our very own mini-heatwave. Apparently, it's been the hottest Bank Holiday ever, with temps reaching 90 degrees F in many places. I'm afraid I'm not into this Celsius malarkey, but for those who prefer to use it, 90 degrees F is 32.222 C.  So I am informed by my friend Google.

Devon and Cornwall are still besieged by tourists, and there were a million extra people expected to converge on these two beautiful Counties over this Bank Holiday weekend (the last holiday of the Season), Surely that can't be right? We'll be tipping into the Atlantic soon!  Needless to say, those of us who are lucky enough to live in this beautiful part of the country, tend to keep to our home territory, so we are oblivious to the caravans, cars and and tractors clogging up our narrow roads, as they head off to the lovely, sandy beaches. We locals don't have to get involved with all the hustle and bustle at this time of the year, for we are fortunate indeed that we can enjoy the natural beauty all year round. 




Are there any other notebook lovers out there??  I have quite a collection, and if I see one that looks a bit different, I am instantly drawn to it. Is there a name for a person who loves notebooks, I wonder?  After all, we have bibliophile for book lover and philately for stamp collectors.   Apparently (yes, I referred to my friend again) 'nota' is Latin for "note/take note", so perhaps I am a Notaphile. 



I bought a very cute little notebook a couple of weeks ago (see the first pic), and I decided to actually use it, and not just stick it in a drawer somewhere. Most of you know that I love quotes, so I decided to fill it with my favourite quotes - quotes that inspire and uplift me.



Lo and behold, I have just been away for a couple of days, and I found another notebook!



I thought that this one was quite retro looking, which attracted me in the first place, but on opening it, I had a lovely surprise - it is a lined notebook, and at the bottom of every page there is ... wait for it ... a wise little quotation. How good is that?!  I will just write a few of the quotes to give you a general idea.  Needless to say, I am in notebook heaven!  

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."  BUDDHA.

"Most smiles are started by another smile."  FRANK A CLARK.

"Look for something positive each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder."  UNKNOWN.

"You cannot do a kindness too soon. For you never know how soon it will be too late."  RALPH WALDO EMERSON. 

There must be well over a hundred little sayings in this gem of a notebook, and I know that I will get lots of enjoyment out of it. You see, It really is the little things....

So then, I will say Cheerio again for the time being, but I'm sure I will pop in again soon! 😊

No comments: