Total Pageviews

Friday 3 January 2020

Time For A Little Nuturing

January - Time for a little nurturing!




May I take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year!  Let's hope it will be a good one for all of us, as we start another decade!  

The Christmas Tree has been taken down, and all the pretty baubles safely packed away for another year. I do miss all the twinkling lights, I must admit. I'm sure many of you feel the same, as we enter my least favourite month of the year.

I'm always looking out for new quotes that I haven't seen before, quotes to inspire and encourage, and I came across this one recently. I think it will become one of my new favourites!

 

I like to think that most of us try to nurture others as we pass through life, but sometimes, you know, it's important to also remember to nurture ourselves.   Perhaps January is one of the best months for us to do this, as we await the return of the longer days.



At this time of the year, whenever the sun appears, or it's a bright day, forget the housework and the ironing - go outside, look around and appreciate the beauty of the day. If you're able to go for a walk, so much the better. Unfortunately, here in Devon, the days are particularly trying at the moment, with heavy cloud almost every day. We had one bright day a few days ago, and I just had to head to the coast to make the most of it!



If you're confined to the house on these darker days, play some of your favourite music whilst carrying out your chores and dance around the kitchen! Become that young, carefree girl you once were - the girl that is still inside you somewhere.  Sounds silly?  Try it, and I guarantee you'll end up with a smile on your face 😊. One of the songs that will always do it for me is "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor! 

Write down a list of things that make you happy and then try to do at least one of those things every day.  

 I truly believe that if you take the time to count your blessings every day, then life does feel so much better. For me, a blessing can be a simple thing, such as finding a parking space in a crowded car park, meeting a friend unexpectedly when you're out and about. How many times do we say, it really is the simple things in life that can make us feel at our happiest. 

 I also find that by taking photos when I'm out and about, this really does make me much more aware of my surroundings, and I'm more likely to notice something special, that I might otherwise have missed.  That's where our mobile phones come in, of course, as they take such good photos these days. 

Well, I seem to be rambling on a bit here, and I'm sure you have more important things to do - such as having a dance round that kitchen!  Go on .. be wild, and don't forget to crank up the volume!  Anyway, I'll finish off by saying.....remember to be kind to YOU! 




No comments: