Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 October 2018

Beautiful Autumn Colours....and Pumpkins

Hallo everyone. A Happy Thursday to you. 


The above image is  courtesy of Pinterest.com
I don’t usually write another Post so quickly, but, on a Thankful Thursday, I am grateful for all the Autumn colours around at the moment, and I feel blessed to be able to get out and see the beauty of nature. I thought I would share a few photos that I’ve taken this week, and I hope you enjoy the colours as much as I did. Of course, with the sunny weather and blue skies that we are experiencing in heavenly Devon at the moment, everything seems so much more vibrant. 









One thing, certainly for me, which has really added to the Season this year, is that we finally seem to be getting into decorating for Fall and Halloween, and I’ve really enjoyed seeing so many pumpkins around!  I don’t know why, but they just make me feel happy, and bring a smile to my face. 



On Saturday over here, the clocks will be going back an hour, so it will be dark at around 5.30pm. My goodness me, isn’t this year just hurtling by?!  Next week it will be Halloween, and the children will be looking forward to trick and treating. Here is a photo of my grandchildren from four years ago. They’ve grown rather a lot since then 😳.



Well, I’ll close my ramblings again for now. Enjoy the rest of your week, wherever you are πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸŽƒ.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

You sure did find some beauties with fall colors, Thisisme! Just magnificent colors on the trees! And, pumpkins always make us feel special. I don't know why...I guess they are part of the official announcement for Autumn. Our clocks will be going back in time on November 4th. Sometimes I dread that change making the evening longer, but darker!

I love your photos and hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Sending hugs your way!♥

Glenda said...

Love the photos - such pretty colors!. We've been so warm here, and without frost, our leaves are still pretty much green. It's been a lot colder the last few days, so maybe soon! It seems we're going from Summer to Winter with no Fall in between!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Suzanne. Yes, it’s funny about pumpkins, isn’t it. It’s a relatively new thing over here, and that’s why I love them so much, I think - especially after seeing so many in my American travels. I know what you mean about the long, dark evenings. I just put all the lamps on, light some scented candles, and try to have the house looking as cosy as possible! I hope that Shawn’s birthday celebrations all went well! πŸŽ‚. Have a lovely week and keep safe ❤️

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Glenda! Always good to see you here. I’m glad you enjoyed the photos. Autumn is such a beautiful Season, and we’ve been lucky this year, in that it’s been sunny and dry. Not very cold here yet though, and the sun is still very warm. My friends in Wisconsin say the same - Autumn seems to be passing them by. Glad your story telling went well. You really entered into the spirit (πŸ˜‚) of things with your costume!