Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 November 2018

We Need Less Hate, Less Pulling Apart ....

Firstly, as I write this Post, I have to say that I have no answers - I only know that answers must be found. 



Of course, there have always been differences between us, but in my lifetime, I just can’t ever remember such hate spewing out, hate to people different to us and much less fortunate than us. Is it the internet that has done this, is it social media (where people seem to think they can just sit there and send out the most awful statements  about other people, without fear of any comeback), is it that we have twenty four hour news coverage....??



This, unbelievably, also comes from the very top of our Society, from people who, surely, should be trying to set some sort of example.  Whatever side of the political fence you sit on, this simply cannot be right. 

Constantly we are hearing of abuse against women - STILL! In 2020.  Racial abuse seems to be getting worse.  AntiSemitism seems to be rife - what is happening with people?  It seems to me that we are almost  being dragged backwards, instead of moving forwards. 



As I said right at the very beginning. I don’t have answers, but something HAS to happen - otherwise, I feel that we’re all going to hell in a handcart.  



I am usually one for saying that all each of us can do is to spread kindness and love in our own little corner of the world, and, of course, I know that all of us do that in our own small way, but, recently, the bigger picture seems to be winning 😟.  I just can’t believe that people can carry such hatred in their hearts and think that it is perfectly acceptable to behave in the way that they do. 



All images today courtesy of Pinterest.com

9 comments:

Knitty said...

I cannot tell you how strongly this rings true for me. I'm sad to know that it isn't just the USA that has these problems. By that, I mean that I have been aware of them elsewhere, but hoped that our countries were behaving in a more civilized and kind manner.

I've taken a break from Facebook except for posting silly turkey and Thanksgiving related pictures that I prepped a while ago. It isn't just the politics, it is the lack of consideration so many have for each other anymore that is disheartening.

Find some happiness today and wear a big smile. That is what I intend to do.

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Diane, like you I really don’t have the answer. I really cannot understand how some people can be so cruel. I do my best in my little corner of the world to be thoughtful and considerate of others needs.
If we all do the same, maybe we can change things.
With warmest wishes to you
Daphne

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you for popping over to see me, Daphne. As you say, we just have to keep the kindness towards others going. I think the catalyst for this post, was seeing that image of the mock up of Grenfell Tower being thrown onto the bonfire, and the crass comments that were being made. Dreadful!

Sally Wessely said...

I think you do have the answer by what you said in your beautiful post. Love, forgiveness, and respect never go out of style, but we need more of both during these times.

Belle Unruh said...

When asked about what it would be like at the end of the world, Jesus said, "And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." I believe we are living in that time. Jesus also said the nations would be afraid of the roaring of the oceans and waves of the sea. This is a recent phenomenom. This has never happened in the history of the world.

This is a sad and frightening time to live. It is so sad to see the hatred and racism of today. But still, there is love and goodness all over the world too. All we can do, as you said, is be a part of that.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Sally. A real pleasure to see you here today. You’re right, of course, love., forgiveness and respect never go out of style. If only everyone thought the same - the world would be a better place. Take care my friend.

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you, Belle, for those very wise comments, and I’m so glad you came over to leave a comment. I agree that it is a sad and frightening time and I do fear for my grandchildren sometimes. Wondering what the world will be like when they’re a little older. We must pray that love and goodness will prevail.

Suzanne said...

HI Thisisme. You make some very good points, and, I also do not understand the where, why and how all of the meanness and hatred for fellow man and woman has generated from.

Some problems have stemmed from illegal folks coming into another country, and wanting benefits without being citizens born into that country. I think in some cases, accommodations have been made and benefits allowed at no cost to the illegal people. And, this does cause trouble.

I do vote in our American elections, however, I just keep my ideas and opinions quiet...so I don't get into confrontations with anyone, haha! And, I am guilty of not paying so much attention and thriving on the political issues at hand. You can't "bully" people into voting a certain way with nasty comments and remarks about opponents! I am thankful that I don't have much to offer and argue about, when I don't know too much about it!

It truly is a sad time, and kind of scary too. I really don't understand the senseless killings that happen more frequently these days. A nightclub in California was attacked last evening, and I believe 11 people were killed, including a policeman. What's the anger all about? Again, I don't know either. There are laws of state, government and God. What happened to these laws? Do they only mean something to some of us now?

I agree with you, Thisisme...if things don't start turning around, we'll all go to hell in a 'handbasket'! I am fortunate to know some wonderful and loving people who are always happy to help others. And, you are one, Thisisme! Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Suzanne. Thank you for that long and thoughtful response to this blog post. I read about those killings - there seem to have been so many this year - so terribly sad. Yes, I’m quite okay with genuine refugees coming into the Country, when they are fleeing terrible circumstances from their own Countries, but, it is a very fraught situation. It’s good that you do vote - women in the past went through so much to get us the vote, but, like you, I tend to keep my thoughts to myself, unless I’m with friends who I know share the same politics as me! As you say, we are lucky enough to know such lovely people, and we must hang on to that. Hope all is well over there, my Texan friend. Hugs ❤️