Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 January 2021

Be The One That Makes Others Feel Special



Hallo again everyone. After weeks of rain here in Devon, we are finally having a few days of brightness, although it has turned much colder, but i would much rather have that. Here's Benji, my little Cavapoo, when we had a dusting of snow yesterday. 




I've faffed around a bit today (I'm pretty good at 'faffing' I'll have you know. In fact, it's probably one of my strong points!  Motivation...not so much. Patience....that's definitely a no-no).  Anyway, I digress - as it's the afternoon now and I'm just sitting around, I thought I would write another Blog Post.

Don't you just love the first quote above ?  Surely we can still be kind and civil to each other even if we don't agree on a certain subject?  What I don't like, is meanness, which can take many forms.... unkindness, unfairness, spitefulness, to name but a few. 




I'm not on Facebook quite so much now as, because of the algorithms (no, me neither!) they use these days, sometimes Posts from my friends don't appear until several days later.  I use Instagram much more, where  there are so many like minded women, who post photos of their pets, their gardens, lovely images of their walks etc, and it just seems like a much more serene place to be. Everyone is very kind and always very encouraging to each other. Now I'm not naive - I realise that Trolls appear there as well, but I haven't encountered any. 



I always love to read the School Reports  of my grandchildren (that is when they were actually going to school), and, obviously. I was delighted when they had done well in their various subjects, but what I loved most of all, was when the Teacher used to say that they were always kind and caring towards their classmates, and considerate towards others. You can't ask for more than that, and I always used to tell them how pleased I was to read comments like that. 



Caring about others, and giving to others, helps us as individuals as well. Not only do we physically feel better, but our self-esteem benefits as well, if we can shift our focus to what is around us and not what is within us. None of us knows what may be going on behind the scenes as it were, in someone else's life, so, surely, it's worth going that extra mile to be kind to all those we come into contact with. 



So then, on that note, I will leave you once again. I know it's a bit late, but I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful New Year. May 2023 be kind to all of us. 

All quotes today courtesy of Pinterest.

7 comments:

BB said...

Love your positivity my awesome friend. We need so much more of it don’t we? Glad you got your first vaccine. It’s a start to better days ahead.

Nikki said...

Another great post. I am on Twitter but find its all about promotions through my feed and nobody seems to just want to chat anymore, so l don't spend a lot of time on there. I really like quotes as you know and ❤ yours. Great inspiration words. Loveley news about your grandchildren too.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi BB. Yes, we really do need a lot more positivity - we've had doom and gloom for almost a year now. Onwards and upwards! Look after yourself over there. Sending hugs 🤗

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Nikki. Thank you for popping over to leave your comment. I really love quotes, and I have so many on Kindness! I was really amazed at Twitter. There just seemed so much hate on there. Quite sad really. Hey ho! I just thought it was best to stay away from it. Yes, I'm blessed. All three of my grandchildren are thoughtful, kind and caring. So glad you've had your first vaccination my friend 🙂

Linda O'Connell said...

I imagine faffling is a lot like lolly gagging. Love your posters, they speak volumes.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Linda. Thank you for popping across the Pond! I'm afraid I've never heard of lolly gagging!!!! Glad you liked the Posters. Stay safe 🥰

Lili Sulastri said...

Lovely quotes and a beautiful post.