Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 October 2019

Friendship .... Such a special word ❤️




Good morning everyone.  I’ll start off by wishing you a very happy Sunday.  Yesterday, we were being deluged with the wet stuff here in deepest Devon, but I’m delighted to say that the sun is shining today, so I will be heading off to take the pup for a walk once I’ve finished writing this Post.  I’m afraid that too many wet days doesn’t do much for the mood of this writer!  I keep thinking to myself...”come on now.  Winter is approaching, and you live in ye merry olde England.  IT RAINS, and you should be used to it by now.  SO GET OVER IT!” 🙈🙈. 

Last night, over here,  the clocks went back an hour, so it will be dark just after 5pm, I would think.  I’ve often thought that some animals have it right, when they go into Hibernation for a few months.  What would you take into your cosy little Cave if you could do that?!  Assuming that we all hibernated on our own, in order to refresh ourselves and be  ready to face the world once again in April.  My cave would certainly be decorated with pretty twinkling lights, photos of my family, lots of music and lots of books.  It might be rather nice to just hang out in pyjamas for those few months.  

Anyway, enough of all that - today I thought I would write a few words about friendship.  What is the definition of friendship?  This is what I came up with, courtesy of Mr Google, or, as a feminist, I suppose I really should say MRS Google.



Friendship for most people is a combination of affection, loyalty, love, respect, and trust. ... True friendship is when someone knows you better than yourself and takes a position in your best interests in a crisis. Friendship goes beyond just sharing time together, and it is long lasting.

Interesting that is refers to long lasting.  That isn’t always the case, of course.  Sometimes people enter our lives and we can share a strong friendship, but then they move on.  I firmly believe that everyone comes into our lives for a reason, at any given time.  There is no doubt in my mind that good friends help us to deal with stress, and, generally, give us a sense of well being.  Able to be our cheerleaders when we need them, to celebrate with us during the good times, and simply be there for us in the bad times.  Quite honestly, I simply can’t imagine a life without my girlfriends in it.  



With true friends, you can simply be yourself, warts and all, and they will still love you- how wonderful is that?!  Each friendship is unique and should be treasured.  I also believe that friendship means a deep connection and commitment to the other person.  Some connections, of course, are deeper than others, but each important in their own special way.   I always think it’s amazing when we meet a certain person and it just feels as if we’ve known them for ever.  The  connection is instant.  They know us better than, say, someone who has known us for forty years or more.  Isn’t that incredible?!  Perhaps we had met each other in a previous life ... who knows?  



So if you have a good friend, and perhaps you’ve had a little falling out, give them a call, or send them an e-mail.  Life is too short to bear grudges.  So then, I’ll leave you again for now, as the pup is looking at me with sad eyes, and I must take advantage of this sunshine whilst it lasts!  Hope you’re all keeping well, wherever you are.  Take care ❤️



Here is the pup! Benji,  my eleven month old little Cavapoo. How could you resist those eyes?!



My apologies!  I don’t know why the typing has gone a bit funny today! 🙈

No comments: