Total Pageviews

Friday 3 July 2020

Women Of A Certain Age ....

I was thinking just the other day about how fortunate we ‘women of a certain age’ are in the year 2020 (When I say ‘women of a certain age’, I think I’m being kind to myself, as I’m sure I’m now in the ‘women past their sell by date age’!).



When I think of my grandma’s time, and even my mum’s time, I can see how things have really improved over these past fifty years or so.  Don’t get me wrong, I realise that we still have some way to go. I’m a big fan of the “me too” movement, and it’s so good to see how that Movement  has improved things for women over just the past couple of years. Now, at long last, talented women are achieving those top jobs, and getting salaries to match their male counterparts.  When you think where we’ve come from, that really is worthy of huge celebration.  



There are so many amazing groups that women can join now, to learn new things, and to forge exciting new friendships.  These things don’t just happen, of course.  You have to go out and look for them.  I know, sometimes, it’s easier to just carry on with the ‘same old’, and if you’re happy doing just that, then that’s fine too.  The main thing is, we have CHOICE these days.  Just remember the old saying......”life is not a rehearsal.”  THIS IS IT!



I do think it’s important to keep a close circle of lady friends.  As we get older, these ladies become even more important, and we realise how blessed we are to have them in our lives.   Cherish these friends, and let them know how much they mean to you.  Remember, life can change in an instant.  Never be afraid to say “I love you”, or  compliment them when they look good, or tell them when you like their new perfume, or lipstick, or whatever.  Try to love all the stages of your life, for they are all magical in their own way.



I hope you have enjoyed all the little quotes I have included with my Post today - all courtesy of Pinterest.com.  I’ll leave you with one that, hopefully, will make you smile, from the wonderful Dame Maggie Smith......



See you next time little peeps, and thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Thisisme! I'm sorry I missed your last post. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with the fun things, but I try. I especially love and get a kick out of your last quote by Maggie Smith, haha! It is a blessing when you are able to recognize the "not-so-good" points of a person before you get hooked into something you will regret.

I agree on all points that age is but a state of mind. I don't always feel old, most of the time I'm getting along pretty well and still dancing!

And, for sure...aging is not lost youth! I believe we can carry the good youth events and feelings with us always. I am still having a lot of family issues, and would like to get back to being me. I just don't know how to do it, with so much on my plate.

Thank you so much for this wonderful post, Thisisme, and for your friendship. This is our Independence, July Fourth celebration weekend, but I don't think many activities will be open to the public. That's okay, I'd rather not fight the crowds right now.

Have a great weekend, see you soon! ♥

Cathy H said...

An enjoyable read as always......❤️❤️

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Suzanne - so good to see you here! I realise that you are very tied up with life at the moment. I do hope that sometimes you can make a little time just for YOU, although I'm sure that even that is pretty difficult for you at the moment. I think you are a real trooper! I agree with you about the Dame Maggy Smith comment. She really is a very funny lady and says it how it is! Just make sure you keep dancing, my Texan friend! . I hope you have a good 4th July. Everything is opening up over here on the 4th July, tomorrow. A lot of people are very apprehensive about it! If only people could be sensible. Like you, I'm in no great rush to go very far. Take care Suzanne, and keep safe ❤️

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

My late grandmother had a thing about telling her age I do not I am 57 and proud to say so, mum is 80 and not ashamed or bothered to day so.

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you so much Cathy. Hope all is well with you and the family. 💖

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Jo-Anne. Hope all is well with you and Tim, and all the family. You're a mere youngster 😊