Hi everyone. I know that a lot of the wonderful people that follow me, also follow Carol, over at facing50withhumour, and will realize just how funny her posts are. They really do bring a smile to the face, especially these days, when you hear of such terrible things going on in different parts of the world.
You will also know, from a post I wrote very recently, that Carol has just had her first book published (Mini Skirts & Laughter Lines) as an e book and it will be on sale in paperback as from the 16th September.
Well, it is Carol's birthday today so I opened my little cake shop very early, in order to bake a cake for this very special occasion. I'm sure she won't mind if everyone gets a slice, so please enjoy and raise a glass today to say :
WE ALL WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Now that you're getting older Carol, I'm sure a lot of the following will apply to you, and, don't worry, it happens to the best of us my friend!
- I'm the life of the party -- even if it lasts until 8PM.
- I'm very good at opening childproof caps -- with a hammer.
- I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I am going.
- I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.
- I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a thing you're saying.
- I'm very good at telling stories; over and over and over and over...
- I'm so cared for -- long term care, eye care, private care, dental care.
- I'm sure everything I can't find is in a safe secure place, somewhere.
- I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left leg.
- I'm having trouble remembering simple words like...
- I'm beginning to realize that aging is not for wimps.
- I'm sure they are making adults much younger these days, and when did they let kids become policemen?
- I'm wondering, if you're only as old as you feel, how could I be alive at 150?
- And, how can my kids be older than I feel sometimes?
- I'm a walking storeroom of facts -- I've just lost the key to the storeroom door!