Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 October 2016

Another Notebook?!....

 
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com

Wow! On Sunday, the weather suddenly turned much chillier here in deepest Devon, with a very strong wind. Too cold to be working outside, so I decided to tidy out a few drawers to keep me occupied. Yes, I know how to live!   

I came across quite a few notebooks, that I had collected over time. Does anyone else do this?  If I'm in a Gift Shop and I see a pretty little notebook, I'm afraid I just can't resist it! 

 

 

I've never really kept a Journal as such, although these days, I find myself wishing that I had. I could then look back and reminisce on all the places I had been and people I had met, and all the different experiences that had come my way. 

 

It's probably a bit late to start doing that now, wouldn't you say?  You can get Apps now that will make your blog posts into a book, and I had seriously thought about doing that. 

I started blogging in 2010, but stopped for a year. Imagine my disappointment, therefore, when I looked up my old blog posts, only to find that all my photos had disappeared?  Why would they do that?  A lot of the posts are meaningless without the photos to go with it.  

 

 

These are just a few notebooks that I found, but I'm sure I have more squirrelled away somewhere!  My eldest daughter lives just outside Paris, and one day a little package arrived from her. Needless to say, I was thrilled to receive it, especially when I opened it to look inside ❤️

 

 

I love the following quotes by two very famous women. Coco Chanel and Audrey Hepburn ... 

 
It's Half Term week here in Devon, so I shall be having fun spending some time with the little ones. 

Bye for now....and remember, whatever we possess, even the little things, become of double value when we share them with others. 

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Good Morning, Thisisme. You have the prettiest notebooks, or journals! I've not seen any so well decorated. I have received some as gifts, but, don't write in them, guess I didn't want to use them up. I often use spiral notebooks to write in, haha! As you mentioned, I was absent from blogging for almost 2 years, and a lot of my photos disappeared from one of my blogs, and it's hard to retrieve them. It's so disappointing. Have a wonderful day, stay cool. ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you Suzanne. What a good friend you are!! Always there ❤️. It is a real shame about all our photos 🙁

Sally Wessely said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again! Those notebooks are really nice, but don't start filling them up instead of blogging. ;)

I don journal, but I haven't always. I am grateful to have the journal I have because they have been important in my healing after my daughter's death. They are where I turned during my darkest days. I also have many half filled our very cute notebooks. I think you and I both can't resist buying those things.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Sally. Welcome back to my Blog! Thank you for popping over. Not many people seem to be blogging now, although since I restarted, a few have written new posts. I did make some lovely friends through blogging, and we now all keep in touch through Facebook. I am sure your journal must have really helped following your daughter's death.a heartbreaking time for you 😥

doodles n daydreams said...

Your notebooks are all cute. I don't journal, too lazy I guess. I've started to on odd occasions but never seem to keep it up. Oh well. Now I'm going to look at some of my old posts and hope I haven't lost any photos :( Have a lovely weekend.

Diana

Unknown said...

Lovely journals you have! There's no point in me buying any as I never write in them. I've got a few blank ones sitting at home :-( Love the little note inside from daughter #1!

Southhamsdarling said...

Good to hear from you Diana. I hope your mum is feeling better. I do hope you haven't lost all your photos as well. It's mostly the older blog posts .

Southhamsdarling said...

Yes, the little note inside was a sweet surprise! I
Must start writing in these notebooks! Have a good week ahead.