Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 October 2016

Sunday Solace


 
Image courtesy of Pinterest.


Simple things to think about...

Hold your family close and make time for them ❤️
Take time to live well
Eat ice cream
Pod some peas
Skim a few stones
Go barefoot
Read all afternoon
Tell a story
Find meaning in small things 
Gather your friends together
Watch clouds
Smell the sea
Be quiet
Feel the wind
Open all the windows
Count your blessings 
Bake bread
Climb a hill
Send postcards
Turn off your phone
Snuggle in
Have an adventure
Drink wine
Make a campfire
Ride a bike
Hang twinkly lights
Enjoy being alone
Like sunshine and showers
Make time for the simple things

It's quite easy sometimes to get upset about things - perhaps someone has said a wrong word. Perhaps you, yourself, have said a wrong word. It's so easy for misunderstandings to arise and then, before we know it, things can get blown out of all proportion. The one thing I have learnt now that I'm older, is THAT ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT.  Reach out to that other person. Even if it's not actually your fault, forgive and make things right again. Life is short and, as they say, tomorrow is not promised to us. Don't let things fester....

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. 

Enjoy your week everyone. Thank you for dropping by...


Image courtesy of Pinterest. I thought it went well with this particular Post 😊

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Sunday Thisisme. I like your updated sidebar and beautiful ocean photo! It is all so true to be kind and forgiving, and, make the effort to go forward to make things right. Sometimes that is almost not possible, but, I find that I do feel better if I have made the effort. Well, I'll be taking Scooter home this afternoon, and won't have him for tricks or treats, but, we've had a fun celebration this weekend. Hope you get to enjoy Eli and Ruby for some Halloween fun. Have a great week! Hugs from Texas! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Suzanne. I think I'll have to give you an Award for being my number 1 fan! 😊 I'm sure you'll be sad to see Scooter leave again - it's such a lovely age, isn't it? Bit I'm just glad that you've managed to spend this time with him. They grow away so quickly. I agree, it's not always possible to put things right, but we have to try. Thank you for noticing the updated sidebar ❤️ You have a good week too, all the way over there in Texas.

Unknown said...

As always your posts are so pretty and this one is so important with the message it gives. I always share your link with my facebook friends to give them a blessing too.
Hugs,
Odie

Unknown said...

Wonderful advice! "Treat others as you'd like to be treated" is a personal favorite of mine!

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you for your lovely comments, Odie, and I do appreciate you sharing my Posts on to your Facebook page 😊 Have a good week my friend.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi BB. Thank you! I love your little quote there ❤️

doodles n daydreams said...

Great sentiments to start the week with.

Diana

Unknown said...

Hi Diane
That's a lovely post and a great reminder to us all :)
Hope you'll have a fantastic week as well.
Hugs

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you Diana, and it's always lovely to see you here. May you have a lovely week ahead.

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you Eva. I rather liked that one! Always appreciate you taking the time to pop
Over from Dublin! 😊

LindyLouMac said...

Thanks for the welcome back Diane, I have just enjoyed catching up here, not sure how often I am going to find time to post but will try and do so on a regular basis. :)