Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Snapshots Of An English Garden

Hi everyone,

 

Well, it's that time of the year over here in England, when we start 'putting the garden to bed'. I do still have quite a bit of colour in the garden here in Devon, with a lovely second flush of roses, but the perennials that have well finished flowering, I am cutting back to the ground, before Winter sets in, and it gets too cold (or wet!) to be working outside. 



It occurred to me that you lovely people who may be new to reading this Blog, haven't seen my garden here in heavenly Devon, so I thought I would post a few photos that I have taken over the past few years. To start off with, which one of us cannot be cheered by 'a host of golden daffodils', heralding the start of Spring, and the promise of longer days ahead, as the garden starts its new season once more. 

 

 

 

Following the daffodils, other bulbs soon start appearing, and I do like to have lots of pots around. In the last photo above, you will see pretty coloured pansies. I do love their little faces!

 

Roses do feature heavily in my English garden. I have just picked out a few for you today. Maybe I can publish a Post just on roses if you would be interested 

 
 

The rest of the photos were really just taken during the Summer months. 

 

Well, that last photo was just a taster!  I suddenly realised that if I posted any more photos today, it would be an overkill!  So I will post the Summer photos in a couple of days. I do hope you have enjoyed the little tour of my garden.  If not, I don't mind if you all Boo and Hiss - I won't be offended!!

If you double tap on any of the photos, it should bring up a larger picture for you. 

See you soon. 

8 comments:

Glenda said...

I always enjoy your garden tours!

Southhamsdarling said...

Well, that's good then! Thanks for popping by, Glenda.

Unknown said...

As always your blog is amazing and beautiful and I can easily tell how happy your heavenly grounds make you smile. Thanks for blessing us with your beauty.
Odie

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you, as always, for your kind words, Odie. I do hope you enjoyed the tour!

Suzanne said...

Your English garden is just as pretty as pictures in magazines! Some years ago I did an English garden on a small scale. You have the most Daffodils EVER! I just love seeing your roses and daffodils, they are always so fresh looking and abundant! Looks like you also have some small paperwhites too! Beautiful post Thisisme, and I agree...the garden nurtures us! Hugs, see you later! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

So glad you like the photos, Suzanne. I love seeing photos of your garden too! It's been a lovely sunny day today, so I've been working outside for a couple of hours. Catch you later my friend!

Unknown said...

I never get tired of seeing photos of your lovely English garden. It makes me smile and appreciate all the work you do. Thank you for that.

Southhamsdarling said...

Aww, thank you Bee Bee. That was nice of you. Some more photos going up tomorrow (Thursday).