Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 October 2016

Sunday Solace

 

Well, where did that week go?!  The weather has been rather lovely here in deepest Devon for mid-October. I've managed to get a couple of coastal walks in, and also spent a few hours each day in the garden, cutting back and mowing and strimming. On Friday I dropped daughter number 2 to the airport, as she is spending a few days in Paris with her sister, daughter number 1, so it will be good for them to spend some time together. 

 Here are a couple of photos from one of the walks I did. My friend and I were fortunate enough to still be able to eat our lunch outside, overlooking the beach. It doesn't get much better than that.

 

 

The words for Sunday Solace today can be found on a Church wall in Upwaltham, here in England. 

"I will not wish thee riches, nor the glow of greatness,
but that wherever you go, some weary heart shall gladden at your smile,
or shadowed life know sunshine for a while.
And so your path shall be a track of light, like Angels' footsteps passing through the night."

For when all is said and done, isn't that what's really important in life?

I'll leave you with these words by Mother Teresa.....

 
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com

Wherever you are in the world as you read this, I hope you all have a good week ahead. See you again soon.

Just a little afterthought, I have started to do a Featured Post in the right hand side bar of my Blog. You might like to click on this to read a post from the past. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That are some good words and your pictures are gorgeous. You live in a bequtiful place. I have spent my week in Sweden visiting family and my adorable grandchildren. Jack the eldest he is such a charmer :) have his grandma around his finger.
Enjoy your week ahead Diane. Eva

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Eva. I saw that you had been in Sweden. How wonderful to get to see your grandchildren. Jack has certainly grown! And now a delightful little granddaughter as well. Thank you for popping over. Not many people blogging any more ! Hugs.

Suzanne said...

A good day to you Thisisme! Love your post, especially the Mother Teresa words. I can sometimes feel when I've brightened someone's day...usually, it's a stranger who I pass on a sidewalk or in the grocery store. Just a smile can make a huge difference, without words. I love your photos, ohhh...the sea! Hope your daughters have a wonderful visit. Take care, see you soon! Hugs! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Good day to you Suzanne! I so agree with you about how a smile can make such a difference as we go about our days. Hope your weekend is going well. Soon be Thanksgiving for all my American friends πŸ˜ŠπŸŽƒ

Unknown said...

You certainly do live in one of the most beautiful places on our planet my friend and it is always a joy spending time on your site. Have an awesome week and feel the love that never stops coming.
Odie

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you so much, Odie. I have the little Ines for a couple of days, but I'll pop over to your blog as soon as I can. I saw that you have a new post up.

Unknown said...

While I'm a week behind, reading this post has put a smile on my face! Thank you for that. <3

Southhamsdarling said...

So glad you made it over, Bee Bee, and I'm happy that this Post made you smile. Lovely! 😊