Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 January 2011

AnotherOne-Surely Not?!

I hardly think I should mention this, because it sounds a bit too much like boasting - even to my eyes!!
Tress, over at Jumble Mash http://jumblemash.blogspot.com/ has given me this Life is Good Award.  Isn't it a cute, colourful, little picture.  Reminds me of that hymn "All Things Bright and Beautiful" for some reason.

Yes, dear friends, life is certainly good for me here in Blogging Land at the moment.  Firstly, I have to thank and link back to the person who gave it to me (see above), so thank you very much for thinking about me, Jumble.  I really do appreciate it.  It is always nice to think that someone actually enjoys reading your posts, even if you can't believe it to be true.

Then I have to answer the TEN survey questions - crumbs, these Awards are getting harder!!

1.   If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this.  If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

I do blog anonymously and, yes, I am more than happy doing it this way.  A few people actually know my real name, because we have been in touch by e-mail.  I suppose I started off blogging with a made-up name, because that was what everyone else seemed to be doing. 

2.  Describe an incident that shows your stubborn side.

I can't honestly think of anything for this one.  I don't think I am stubborn, although others may say differently of course.

3.  What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror.

Gosh, at my age, I  try very hard to just have passing glances at a mirror, not REALLY look.  I think it would be too painful! (LOL!).  Like most of us, I have a few more lines than I used to, but, hey, I'm not ashamed of that.  It just shows that I have experienced life a little.  Overall, it could be a lot worse!!!

4.  What is your favourite summer cold drink. 

If it was alcoholic, it would either be a glass of chilled champagne, or Rose.  Non-alcoholic, I love Apple & Melon J20.

5.  When you take time for yourself, what do you do.

This is a nice easy one!  I blog, read, meet with a friend for lunch,  take a lovely coastal walk or perhaps go to the cinema.

6.  Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life.

Well, I don't have any ambitions to climb Mount Everest or hike to the top of Kilimanjaro, but (and I did mention this in a blog post when I first started blogging), I really would like to take Watercolour Classes.  It's something I have always wanted to do, because I think that I would really enjoy it.  Whether I would have the talent is another matter altogether, of course!

7.  When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class over-achiever, the shy person, or always ditching. (We call it mitching over here!).

I'm afraid that school didn't do a lot for me, and when I went to the 'big' school from the age of 12, I certainly don't remember it as a very happy time. Although I was in the top stream, I was absolutely hopeless at Gym or Games, didn't have much confidence at all, and generally wasn't a very happy bunny.  I did some silly things, which I certainly wouldn't recommend.

8.   If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would that be.

It would have to be when my mum was in the Nursing Home and I knew that  she was dying. She had been given an injection and I just sat there with her the whole time, talking and talking to her, right up to the end, when I literally heard her take her last breath.  There, now I'm getting tearful just writing about it again.  My only consolation is that I was with her, she died peacefully, and she wasn't on her own.

9.   Is it easy for you to share your true self in your Blog, or are you more comfortable writing about other people or events.

Well, my daughter also has a Blog, and reads mine, so I wouldn't put anything too personal on it, but then again, I think my Blog is the person I am.  I was obviously very lucky in that I had a very loving upbringing with my mum and dad, and haven't really experienced (apart from the death of friends and loved ones of course) too many traumas to talk about anyway.

10.  If you had the choice to sit down and read a book, or talk on the phone, which would you prefer, and why?

Another easy one.  It would have to be read a book.  Why? I don't really know.  I don't mind taking phone calls during the day, but I really resent it a little when I'm all comfy in the evenings, and the phone goes.  Quite often, we just leave it on ansaphone anyway, and then I can speak to people when I want to.

I now have to pass the Award on to an unspecified amount of people.  Going by Jumble's list, a few have already been taken, and Bouncin'Barb has also passed this  Award on to several of my blogging friends.

Anyway, the following certainly deserve an Award, as I really enjoy reading their Blogs.

Carol at facing50withhumour http://facing50withhumour.blogspot.com/
Maureen at Daydream Living daydreamliving.blogspot.com
Jenni at Story of my Life http://storyofmylifetheblog.blogspot.com/

Enjoy your Award, ladies, and we look forward to hearing a little bit more about you, from your answers to the survey questions.