Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 January 2011

Handing it over ...

Well, in Tuesday's post, I said that I would hand over the LOL Award and explain the rules that came with this Award.


Firstly, I would like to pass on the Award to :

lyndylou at The Giggle Fest

Please pop over to see lyndylou.  She is a very brave single mum who has two children.  Holly, who is an absolute delight and gorgeous Jack, who is disabled and needs 24 hour care.  Her wicked sense of humour shines out from her Blog, and she is fully deserving of this Award.

For lyndylou's  information, the rules of the Award are :

1.  Link to the person who gave you the Award. (I did this in Tuesday's post).

2.  Pass the Award along to anyone you want to, who posts about at least slightly amusing things, and tell them you have done so.

3.  Say five things about yourself that no-one knows about.

4.  Pass these rules on.

It's number 3 that I am finding it increasingly difficult to do!! I'm sure you must all be getting really fed up with hearing different things about me, and I'm finding it hard to remember what I've already told you - it's my age you know!!

1.  I once took a ride in a hot air balloon and drank champagne at 1,000 feet.


2.  I would love to own a retro Vespa scooter.

3.  I worked in Admin for most of my working life, before I became a Massage Therapist.

4.  I suffer from vitiligo. (that's vitiligo - not vertigo!!).

5.  I used to love reading Enid Blyton books when I was a little girl.

I still have my copy of this actual book, which is now 55 years old!

My good friend over at Facing50withhumour  has very kindly given me The Awesome Blog Award.  Thank you so much for this.  These Awards always make me feel very humble.

There are no rules with this Award, so as I think of  all my Followers as "awesome",  I am going to do exactly what Facing50withhumour has done, by passing on this Award to all those who comment on my post today, so when you have placed your comment, please do not forget to take this Award with you.


That's fair, isn't it?!

Tomorrow will be Romantic Post number 2!












19 comments:

hed said...

Congrats!

I need to wipe off my keyboard because I am drooling at that Vespa!

hed www.hedabovewater.com

SkippyMom said...

I want me and you on Vespas tooling down the streets of Southham or Potomac Falls. We would be hot. giggle. :)

You got a good award. I am not walking away with it as you asked - I always comment, and my post today isn't funny. So :/

You are the best This - and it is always fun to read you.

::going off to look up Vespa rentals for when This comes to DC to see the sights!::

Two in turquoise please!

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to take a ride in a hot air balloon and really want to do it before I pass on from this world. Your blog is truly awesome so you really deserve the award my friend.

Becky said...

I love learning new things about you! I am jealous that you have been up in a hot air balloon! That is one of the things on my "Bucket List". The Vespa is beautiful!!! You would look great riding around your village on it! :)

Shady Del Knight said...

I'm here to pick up my award, Thisisme, and I thank you for it! I noticed in your latest list of things to share about yourself that you neglected to mention the time that you climbed Mt. Everest blindfolded! That's okay. That amazing fact won't go to waste. You can use it when I present you with a new award that requires you to reveal 99 more things that we don't know about you! (LOL) Have a splendid day in Devon, Thisisme!

Lyndylou said...

What a total surprise I got when I dropped by today. I am honoured and highly delighted to receive this award Thisisme, thank you muchly.

and wow, a hot air balloon, that would be very cool!

My friend's hubby rides about in a Vespa, he is quite a cool dude :)

Southhamsdarling said...

Shady - that's so funny! I was keeping my Mount Everest climb (blindfolded of course!!) for another day, along with the other 98 other things that I have yet to reveal! LOL!! I'm glad you picked up your Awesome Blog Award, because your blog is Awesome!! I do hope that my other Followers are doing the same.

BB said...

This...you never cease to surprise me with more and more things about yourself. You really are AWESOME. Like I say, when I hit the lotto, I'm coming to visit. I think hanging out with you would be so much fun. I'll take my award too thank you. What's one more?! You are a doll. Hugs!!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hed - the Vespa looks great, doesn't it? I was there in the 60's when they were all the rage.

SkippyMom - I love your comment! I've actually left a note on your post today,so I do hope that you will come back and pick up that blog award. I can just see the two of us on our turquoise Vespa's. As you say - we would be HOT!!

Odie - the balloon ride was a terrific experience, although the landing was a bit bumpy, when we came down in a field of cows!!!!

Becky - Yes, I think I would look great as well. LOL!!

lyndylou - I hope it was a pleasant surprise for you!

Bouncin'Barb - I know it's easy to say, but it really would be so good to have you visit over here! I would probably just sit looking at you in total awe!!! LOL!

Rebecca said...

congrats you totally deserve the awards you get

Southhamsdarling said...

Becca - thank you so much!

Belle said...

Lots of people want the Vespa, and so do I. I would love to toodle around my town in one of those. I'll never go up in a balloon though. Well, if they offered champagne I might!

Carol E Wyer said...

Hello oh Awesome one!...well I see you are still able to surprise us all. I too have fallen for the Vespa but after the whole moped and donkey thing it's probably advisable if I stay away from one. Funnily enough my husband has said he'd like one, especially if we buy a house in France again. He'll go and collect the baguettes on it..now that would be worth a photograph.
My Mum phoned this weekend to say she's just given away my complete set of Enid Blyton books. I was torn between sadness and relief. I cut my reading teeth on Enid Blyton and yet I don't have to worry about them cluttering up the house now.
Some great divulging again. Look forward to you getting more awards and telling us more.
Carol

Southhamsdarling said...

Belle - there's something about those Vespa's. They certainly do it for me!

Facing50Blog.com - I have a few more things to divulge to you all, and you must read Saturday's post!!! I was staying in the South of France with my family, and there were so many Vespa's over there. Of course, they don't wear crash helmets, and it was hot and sunny, and they all looked impossibly glamorous!! I probably wouldn't look quite the same in rainy Devon with my crash helmet on. LOL!! Oh! I would have felt sad about losing my Enid Blyton books. They were so exciting, weren't they?

Southhamsdarling said...

Facing50Blog.com - Re. the scooter, I forgot to mention that I can't even ride a pushbike!! A few years ago, we bought a bike rack, and a mountain bike for my husband, myself and our youngest daughter. Off we set, and I fell off in the stony carpark before we had even got started! So goodness knows what I would be like on a Vespa!!!

Amy said...

I'll have to pop on over to see her blog. If you ever get that Vespa, I want to come over to the UK to ride it.

have a great afternoon!

caterpillar said...

Hey there....Congratulations....Haven't I missed being around or what....:)

Unknown said...

Aww, thanks for the award! hahaha! Love learning new facts about you!

Southhamsdarling said...

Amy - you'll have to ride pillion!

Cat - Thank you. We've certainly missed you!

mskanorado - You're very welcome. As I said, all my followers are well worthy of that Award.