Total Pageviews

Monday 3 January 2011

Back To Normal!!

"Live Like There's No Tomorrow,
Love Like You've Never Been Hurt,
and Dance Like No One Is Watching"
.... Lindsay Kolb.

That's it then, the celebrations are all over for another year, so now it's back to normality.  Let's hope that all the goodwill that has been around for the past couple of weeks will stay with us all, throughout 2011.

Like most of you I suspect, I've been wondering what I can blog about this year.  I have noticed, whilst nosing at other people's Blogs, that several of them have picked on one word and they are going to go with that theme throughout the year.  Gosh, I wish them well.  Others are going to have a photograph a day, which sounds like quite a good idea, because I love looking at all the photos that are posted, and I do like taking photos myself. 

I guess I will just carry on, trying to think of random things each day to write about.  AND, I've got my trump card up my sleeve - inviting other people to write a guest blog for me!!! (Bet you thought I'd forgotten about that little wheeze, didn't you?!).

I was really pleased that, on New Year's Day, it actually felt a bit warmer here in Devon, compared to the bitterly cold weather that we have been having, so I was able to get out in the garden for a few hours, to generally try to tidy up a bit, and cut back things that needed it.  It's looking a bit sorry for itself out there at the moment, I must admit, all sad and forlorn. 

But that's the beauty of nature, because I know that, around February time, little buds will start appearing everywhere, our spirits will lift with the days getting just that little bit longer each week, and a new season will soon be upon us.

To try to spread a little warmth around in these winter days, I have decided to post a few photos of my holiday in Cyprus in the summer of last year, where I went with my daughter, son-in-law and eldest granddaughter.  I hope that the blue skies will help to brighten your day just a little!


I've just realized that this is post number 100 !

30 comments:

Lyndylou said...

Beautiful photos and all that blue sky has definitely brightened up my day. My garden looks abandoned and forlorn too, all that snow has taken its toll.

Gawgus things... said...

Oh to feel the warmth of the sun again :) Congrats on your 100th post - yay!

Southhamsdarling said...

lindylou - yes, I think I've probably lost quite a few plants with the very heavy frosts as well.

Belle said...

I love the photos. I wish I was there right now! I go through times when I can't think of a thing to blog about; and then there are times I write four stories and save them in draft. It is lovely just to post them quickly and not have to worry my muse, (who sometimes will not take any calls), has left me.

Southhamsdarling said...

Gawgus things - wouldn't it be lovely. Several people I know are on cruises or about to go off to Tunisia at the moment :( You'll have to start looking at holiday brochures!

Southhamsdarling said...

Belle, I'm exactly like that, wondering what on earth I can blog about!! I agree, isn't it wonderful when you have three or four posts already written up and scheduled. I can breathe a sigh of relief then for a little while!

Rebecca said...

love the quote and like you i am carrying on as i have in the past blogging whatever strikes me for the day

Shady Del Knight said...

Thisisme, happy 100th post! I enjoy blogs that explore random topics. I also enjoy when the author and the readers keep a hot thread going for a while. It matters not what subject you introduce or how long or short the post. Your blog is laced with love and that's why so many people appreciate what you have to offer.

Belle - Your muse might leave you but your true blue friends never will.

Unknown said...

Tom is absolutely right. We will always be here for you and random is awesome. Loved the pictures & it helped on this cold NC morning. Started out at 24 thid morning. Have a great day.
Odie

Southhamsdarling said...

Becca - we will have to carry on being random together!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Shady - Thank you. I must enjoy I enjoy reading about random topics as well. Hope all is well with you.

Southhamsdarling said...

Thanks Odie. It IS lovely knowing that people are there for you, and good that we are all here for each other, no matter what.

BB said...

This...congrats on 100. WooHoo. I like random. Much more my style. If you're looking for a guest, I'd be happy to help. You pick the topic and I'll write about it? Or ask me a question and I'll answer it? Just let me know. Love your blog just like it is. Hugs XX

Southhamsdarling said...

Bouncin'Barb - You SHALL be my first guest blogger!! Have just sent you an e-mail to arrange. Thank you!

Meri said...

Hooray for 100 posts!
I love your pictures, they make me want some sunshine!
meri

Southhamsdarling said...

Meri - Hi. How lovely of you to pop over to my Blog. I hope to see you again. Glad you liked the pictures.

vintch said...

keep on keeping on, sweet friend! your blog is a fabulous, beautiful inspiration. 2011 will be a fabulous year for you, because your spirit shines through every post. happy monday!

Southhamsdarling said...

vintch - your kind comments always make my day. Thank you!

Becky said...

Congrats on 100 posts!!! I have no idea how many I have written! I guess I better pay attention! ~ I love the quote that you picked! One of my favorites! And the pictures are so pretty!! I love WARM places!! ~ As far as blogging goes... I have tried to have "themes" for different days, but can never seem to stick with them! I think I will just stick with being "random" like you and many others! :)

Let'sMakeADifference said...

I LOVE that quote!!! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I have to say that I have moments when I am a good mom and ,unfortunately, many times when I am NOT a good mom....:( Praise the LORD for His grace!

Southhamsdarling said...

Let'sMakeADifference - I'm sure the good outweighs the bad! :)

SkippyMom said...

YAY! for 100 - wow it seems like I just stumbled over here yesterday. :) That is fabulous.

I am like you - I love the blogs that do the themes - a lot of my friends do it and I love their "days". - but I have to just blog about whatever. I did do a "5 Word Friday" one time and that is fun b/c it is easy. :D

Hugs to you. Have a great evening.

Southhamsdarling said...

SkippyMom - yes, I can't believe the 100 posts!Bouncin'Barb is going to do a guest post for me on Friday, so watch out for that!

caterpillar said...

Congratulations on the 100th post...and you take such amazing pictures....I'd like some warmth here...it's winter here....and cold...not snowing cold...but cold enough for me... :)

Teresa said...

wow - 100 posts! congrats!!! i'm at 542, which is pretty darn surprising to me. maybe i'll try having a guest blogger. hmmm... sounds like fun.

your pictures are beautiful!

Jumble Mash said...

I just love love love looking at the photos you take. So beautiful. We actually had warmer weather here over the weekend. It was still cold, but the snow did melt and I can see my lawn again!

Congrats on the 100th post!! Here's to 100 more!

Southhamsdarling said...

Jumble - I'm so pleased you like looking at the photographs and glad the temperatures have gone up a bit for you!

Southhamsdarling said...

Teresa - can't believe you're on 542 - blimey! You've been busy, girl!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Cat - thanks. I think that all of us, no matter where in the world we live, are having it much colder this winter, and, like you, I don't like it!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Becky - the number of posts shows on my Dashboard. Check yours out and see if it is showing. I certainly wasn't keeping track of the number I had written, but I just suddenly noticed that I had made the 100!