Total Pageviews

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Thank You!!

Whilst I was having my nap http://southhamsdarling.blogspot.com/2011/01/zzzzzzzzzz.html on Sunday, I was woken up by Kelly from Wave of Life Surf Studio, to tell me that she had awarded me the "Stylish Blogger" Award. 

Kelly's lovely Blog features life surrounding the Surf Studio, including book reviews, recipes, fantastic photography, features on her two young children and inspirational quotes, to name but a few of her topics.  In fact, as she says, "a little bit of everything."    Please pop over to say hello and say that I sent you.

Kelly also has an on-line Etsy shop, selling some beautiful things.

I have decided to pass this Award on to four Blogs (this, as most of you know, is always the difficult bit, as I really do love each and every one of my friends' blogs), so here they are :

gawgus things who has a fantastic fashion Blog, but also features tasty recipes and wonderful photos of Paris, where she lives.

Skippymom who, although she doesn't always feel so good herself, never fails to put her blogging friends before herself.  She is always there to listen to their problems, and generally be supportive in whatever way she can.

Bouncin'Barb  who, again, is always thinking of others, although she certainly has enough worries of her own at this present time.  She is always positive and humorous on her Blog and has, seemingly, a never-ending supply of stories about things that have happened to her in her life.  She also continues to help and advise me in this blogging journey of mine.

Facing50withhumour, who I think is what a real blogging friend is all about.  She has well over 500 Followers, and yet she always responds to comments on her posts, and took the time to e-mail me when I needed help to create a Button for my blog.  In fact, she spent a lot of time on Saturday doing just that and created the Button for me.

I now have to tell you seven things about myself.  I think we have all done quite a lot of this lately, and it's quite difficult to keep coming up with things that you haven't heard before, so I'm going to give it a little twist and tell you a few things that I really DON'T like!

I don't like bad manners.
I don't like meanness.
I don't like it when, even though you might be quite seriously ill, the person who you are speaking to always seems to have something much worse. (as my husband says, " their cat is always blacker than yours!" ).
I don't mind if someone pulls right out in front of me and then drives on at quite a fast pace, but I don't like it when someone pulls right out in front of me as if they haven't got five minutes to spare, and then proceeds to drive along at around 20 miles per hour.
I don't like windy days.
I don't like having to get up early on dark mornings.

I don't like Politicians treating the electorate like idiots.

Enjoy your Award ladies and here is a little something for the rest of you.





22 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I swear I startled when I saw my name on your list.

You are absolutely deserving This - and so happy you received it.

I think our lists are going to be similar. :)

Thank you. You humble me, you don't even know.

Gawgus things... said...

Whoop, whoop! Thank you so much for my fantastic award. I so agree with your seven things, especially number 3 - I know someone like that! Well done to us both! x

Unknown said...

Congratulations on another well deserved award and I have some of the same dislikes especially having someone pull out in front of me and having to use my brakes. You see most of my time on the road is spent on the interstate, on cruise control so brakes are not something I want to use there. Have a marvelous day.
Odie

Carol said...

Congrats on the award!

New follower here..... found my way over from Carol's blog Facing50withhumour.

carol

BB said...

This...You are a breath of fresh air in a stale world. I am always blown away by the kindness you show and the nice things you say about me and all your other blog buddies. You are awesome!!!!

Rebecca said...

congrats and love the picture the flowers are gorgeous

that guy said...

congrats and well deserved! love the don't likes...

'specially # 3 cuz that person is just trying to get attention...

bruce

LindyLouMac said...

Ciao Diane, All the best for 2011.
I am back at last catching up on all the posts I missed while I was away from computing while on an extended trip to the UK. My goodness you have been very busy while I have been absent from cyberspace!! I will add your new button to my blog, maybe you will do likewise if you have a collection yet? Now to read all 34 posts! I may be sometime :)

Shady Del Knight said...

Another day another award, Thisisme! (LOL) Soon we'll all have to start fabricating things to reveal about ourselves. Don't be surprised if I tell you that I'm an astronaut, a secret spy, and the inventor of the wheel. I share most or all of your dislikes including dark mornings, windy days and people who always feel the need to top your story with a "better" one of their own. Cheers!

Jumble Mash said...

Congrats on your award!!

vintch said...

congratulations, lovely lady! you certainly are super stylish, as well as super sweet and kind. i'm so glad we're friends:)

Southhamsdarling said...

SkippyMom - I didn't mean to startle you!!! Enjoy your Award.

Gawgus things - Hope the Award was a nice surprise for you.

Odie - So we have some of the same dislikes! That must be really annoying for you when you're going along in cruise control and then have to break :(

Dizzy C = how lovely of you to come over and visit my Blog, and I see that you have become a Follower as well - that's brilliant. Thank you.! I will pop over to your Blog shortly.

Bouncin'Barb - thank you for those lovely words. I'm awesome (!!) so all is right with the world!! LOL!

Becca - thank you, and glad you liked the flowers!

Bruce - lovely to see you over here!! I agree with you about them wanting attention, but it really is very annoying!!

LindyLou = Ciao my friend. Lovely to see you back on my Blog, and hope you had a lovely break. I will pop over the grab your Button shortly!

Shady - I so agree that we will have to start making things up soon! LOL! Did I ever tell you about the time that I was a lady in waiting at Buckingham Palace??!!

Jumble Mash - thank you!

vintch = thank you! Likewise, I am really glad that we are friends also. Your Blog is always like a breath of fresh air.

Carol E Wyer said...

I read your lists of dislikes and thought - 'That's like us, that's like us'...and when you got to the bit about drivers who pull out I laughed out loud...we've just come back from town and moaned about that very thing.
I'm so pleased that you have been given this award. You have a wonderful blog and I see others before me here enjoy their visits here as much as I do.
Please, please, please forgive me. I already have this award (too) I'm so sorry that I can't accept it but I really appreciate the thought and your very kind words. Just keep blogging and brightening my day - that's reward enough. :)

Shady Del Knight said...

Thisisme wrote:

<< I so agree that we will have to start making things up soon! LOL! Did I ever tell you about the time that I was a lady in waiting at Buckingham Palace??!! >>

Amazing coincidence, Thisisme. So was I!!! (LOL)

Unknown said...

Oh goodness, congrats to you Thisisme! You are well deserving of all of the awards you have been awarded! I very much agree with most of your dislikes as well! Have a lovely Wednesday!

hed said...

Grats!

hed

Southhamsdarling said...

mskanorado & hed - thank you so much!

Belle said...

Congrats, Thisisme! I like your list of don'ts. Although, some elections make me think voters are stupid too.

Southhamsdarling said...

Shady - You are SO funny! That did make me smile. Thank you dear friend!

Facing 50Blog.com - Well, at least you know that I did nominate you!!! That was funny how you were driving home from town and the same thing happened to you! Grrrrr!!

Belle - Glad you liked my list and you're right, of course, that you do wonder about voters sometimes! Not us of course! LOL!!

Empty Nester said...

Totally agree with you on Barb and Carol. Must go check out the other two now!

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Thanks for your continual words of encouragement on my posts. You are a gem!! Bonni

Kelly~ Wave of Life Surf Studio said...

I love your husband's "blacker cat" saying.. I know a couple of people like that!!