Total Pageviews

Friday 28 January 2011

Romantic Post - Number 2


I Will Love You Forever
by Amanda Nicole Martinez

I love you so deeply,
I love you so much,
I love the sound of your voice
And the way that we touch.
I love your warm smile
And your kind, thoughtful way,
The joy that you bring
To my life every day.
I love you today
As I have from the start,
And I'll love you forever
With all of my heart.


Flower Language

The flowers that men send to their valentine also carry a meaning.  Send the following blooms in your bouquet and you will be sending the message :

Anemone  -  a dying love.


Lily
Forget me not
yellow crocus


snowdrop
pansy
poppy
periwinkle





tulip
Crocus  -  a yellow crocus worn in the buttonhole on St Valentine's Day will entice your future intended love.

Daisy  -  innocence.

daisy

Forget-me-not  -  true love and constancy.
Fuchsia  -  elegance.
Lily  -  purity.
Pansy  -  loving thoughts.
Periwinkle  -  early friendship.
Poppy  -  consolation.
Snowdrop  -  hope.
Sunflower  -  warmth of feeling.
Tulip  -  a declaration of powerful love (red), hopeless love (yellow).

Add rosebud petals to your bath water to conjure up a lover (not suddenly appearing in the bath I hope!!).
Put red rose petals in a red velvet bag and pin this under your clothes to attract love.

A rose given with its thorns removed, but still with its leaves means :
"I am no longer afraid to reveal my feelings; I live in hope."

A rose without its leaves and thorns sends the message :
"There is nothing to hope or fear."


fuchsia




 

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well done, a beautiful post. Thanks

Becky said...

I loved the first poem so very much!! It is how I feel about David. I may have to use that this Valentine's day! :)

Shady Del Knight said...

Someday I hope to take a bath with rosebud petals sprinkled in the water. Hopefully, I won't be alone. The scent of flowers can be a powerful aphrodisiac but in some instances it can have the unintended effect of producing sadness and depression by triggering memories of a loved one's funeral. One man's meat is another man's poison and so it goes with flowers and countless other things. What is accepted as the norm in one culture might be highly offensive in another. We must always remember that the meaning of our communication is the response that we get, and that response can vary dramatically from one person to another.

LindyLouMac said...

I also like the 'I love you so deeply' poem romantic lot aren't we :)

Unknown said...

Your series is quite lovely! I love, LOVE! :) I really enjoyed this post!

BB said...

Such a nice post. Ahhh, those were the days.

BB said...

Such a nice post. Ahhh, those were the days.

jdracecar said...

I love this post! It made me even more excited for Valentine's Day! And it gave me an idea to share some of my favorite poetry too!

Southhamsdarling said...

Odie - Thank you. I wasn't sure that the men would like it or not!!!

Becky - you old romantic you! Seriously, it's wonderful that you still feel like that, even after 25 years.

Shady - quite a thought provoking comment (You'll notice that I'm saying nothing about the bath!).

LindyLou Mac - yes, perhaps romance isn't dead after all!

Bouncin'Barb - Those were the days indeed!!!

mskanorado - I'm glad you're enjoying the series! I have to think of some more yet. I think I might have peaked too early!!

jdracecar = It's nice to be getting excited about Valentine's Day.

Rebecca said...

great post beautiful poetry and i never knew flowers had actual meaning

Southhamsdarling said...

Becca - glad you enjoyed the poetry.

Lyndylou said...

that was lovely and I used to adore those Love is... cartoons :)

Jumble Mash said...

How sweet!

vintch said...

oh i needed this post today, sweet friend. there is so much love i the world! i love the part about the flowers and their meaning:) happy weekend!

Southhamsdarling said...

lyndylou - yes, those love is.... cartoons used to be very popular, didn't they?

Jumble Mash - thank you.

vintch - glad it hit the spot for you!

Sandra said...

To me that first poem could be from me to chocolate...is that wrong? :)

caterpillar said...

I loved, loved, loved this post...especially the last pic about Life plan...I agree...:)

Southhamsdarling said...

Sandra - Not wrong at all. In fact, I'm with you on that one!!! LOL!

Cat - so pleased you enjoyed the post, and, yes, I'm in agreement with the life plan as well.