Total Pageviews

Monday 10 January 2011

Award...Part 2

My second Award is called the Stylish Blogger Award, and was given to me by vintch http://vintch.blogspot.com/  Now, as it happens, I spoke about vintch and her beautiful writing only yesterday, and if you haven't yet met her, I would recommend that you pop over to see her.  I know you won't be disappointed.

Thank you vintch
I actually have to do some work for this Award! Depending on the number of people you give the Award to, then that is the number of things you have to tell about yourself.

I would like to hand this Award to:

 Colenic at A Smile A Day http://asmileaday-colenic.blogspot.com/
Belle at Tales From a Loser http://belle-goodmorninggod.blogspot.com/
Odie at The Simple Life http://odielangley.blogspot.com/
(Becca, by the way, has been writing some beautiful poetry recently).
Tress at Jumble Mash http://jumblemash.blogspot.com/

These are all Blogs that I very much enjoy reading and they are worthy recipients of the Award.

That means that I have to write down five things about myself, so I will do my best and hope that you haven't heard them before :

1.   I am a Christian and always try to live my life accordingly.  That is not always easy.

2.   I  love my home, and I am quite content if I don't go out for days on end.


3.   I play Scrabble on-line via facebook.


4.   When I was a little girl, I used to go to Saturday morning pictures, and I won a prize for
       getting the most number of items into a matchbox!!!



5.   I love buying little signs for around the home.  Here are a few :

Hed, who is a blogging friend from Hed Above Water http://hedabovewater.blogspot.com/ is running a competition at the moment, and one of the rules for entry is that we have to give her a shout on our Blog, so "Hi Hed" - hopefully I will now be in the draw! 

 This is her second attempt at running this competition as, first time round, we all got it wrong!! We have also had to provide her with a healthy, low-calorie recipe, which I have also done.  Do pay her a visit, as I know she will be delighted to see you. 

20 comments:

SkippyMom said...

You are going to run out of room on your sidebar This. :D I do like the matchbox one - that is a fun thing to know. :)

Congrats!

Gawgus things... said...

Another award?! Are you paying people? Seriously though - well done, you are indeed a gorgeous blogger!

Lyndylou said...

Congrats on the award, you will have to make a file, just for them soon! I too have lots of lovely signs all around my house, I just think their sayings are ace :)

caterpillar said...

Hey there...Congratulations on both the awards...well deserved...:)

Unknown said...

OMG girl, congratulations & thank you. You are a joy to follow and so deserving of this award. We are in some pretty good company my friend.
Odie

Becky said...

Congrat's on another well-deserced blog award!! YAY, for you! ~ What "Saturday Morning Pictures"? Just curious.

hed said...

Thanks for the blog love <3

I have all your entries now hahahahahaha :)

hed

Unknown said...

Congrats on your blog awards! They are well deserved! Happy Monday!!

Shady Del Knight said...

Congratulations on your award, Thisisme! I enjoyed reading your fact list. The one that jumped out at me is that you love your home sweet home. In my experience that's rather uncommon. Most people complain that they can't get out the house often enough. Your home is an extension of your personal space and it is vitally important that you enjoy occupying it. I am also very fond of collecting signage. My love of signs stems from early childhood when I first began to notice all of the clever signs my parents hung on the walls of our subterranean game room. Gazing at them and reading them always put a smile on my face. Cheers to you, my award winning friend!

Southhamsdarling said...

Gawgus things - Yes! Paying my blogging friends lots of money!! LOL!

SkippyMom - Yes, I am going to have to clear everything else away, to make room for these Awards!! I hope you saw my comment on your post about Awards by the way.


Lyndylou - thank you. Yes, I love all the little sayings on signs that you can buy.

Cat - Hey there! Thank you. I am very humbled by the Awards, I must say.

Odie - pretty good company indeed, my friend.

hed - my pleasure! I definitely want one of those little Australian fridge magnets!!

mskanorado - Thank you so much for dropping by. Hope you have a good week.

Becky - thank you! I thought perhaps people might by confused by Saturday morning pictures. We always used to say, we're going to the pictures, but now no-one seems to say that anymore. Instead, it's going to the cinema! Hope that explains it.

Shady - thank you. Yes, a lot of my friends absolutely hate being confined to the house, even for a day, and just have to get out. I love being in the home! So pleased we have something in common with collecting the signage!

Shady Del Knight said...

FYI Thisisme, when you read my latest blog post, there is no need for you to go to the trouble of compiling another song list for me. Rest assured that I already have it and will be featuring you and your favourite songs very soon!

vintch said...

you totally rocked this award! love all your answers! you have opened me up to a new world--scrabble ONLINE?? on FAECBOOK?? oh my word. i'm never going to get anything productive done now! that is amazing!

i love your first fact. i agree, being a christian and living the walk is hard, but nothing in this world is more worth it.

happy monday, sweet friend.

BB said...

This...make another page on your blog just for your awards. That's what I did. It was too crowded. Now that's a compliment!! Loved your matchbox competition. How fun was that? Congrats to all the winners. I love all of them!

colenic said...

Aww...such a worthy blogger of a great award and I am humbled that you pass it along to me...
Love your sign collection...I recently bought one taht I will have to take a picture of and show you....hugs to you!

Southhamsdarling said...

Jumble Mash - you're very welcome!

Shady - thanks for the note, and I've left a comment on your blog post.

vintch - I liked that, that I totally rocked that Award! LOL! I do love playing Scrabble I must admit, and, hopefully, it keeps my brain going!

Southhamsdarling said...

Bouncin'Barb -I have gone into Design to try to make up a new page, but I'm not having much success at the moment! I'll keep trying. Hope all is well in your part of the world.

Col - I was really pleased to be able to pass it on to you., and I look forward to seeing a photo of that sign!

Rebecca said...

aw thank you you are to kind but i'm taking the award and running. another great post and love the signs you collect and i like playing bookworm on msn but tend to burn the libary alot not much of a speller thank goodness for soell check.

Belle said...

Congrats Thisisme! You are such a great person, it is nice to see you get awards. Thank you so much for passing it on to me. That is very kind.
I love God, staying home and scrabble (in that order). We have a lot in common. I don't have many signs, just one that says, "May You Live Every Day of Your Life."

Teresa said...

congrats! great award and very deserving. love the blogs you passed it on to.

love your little signs. my sister paints signs like that. too cute.

i play some srabble, too. it's great fun.

Southhamsdarling said...

Becca - Glad you liked the signs. I haven't heard of Bookworm, I must admit.

Belle - yes, I think we do have quite a lot in common. Don't forget the music!!

Teresa - Thank you. Wish I could do those little signs. I just love them! I figure that Scrabble will help to keep my brain active. Not sure that it's working though. LOL!