Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 January 2011

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

I am going to start today's post with a Very Special Announcement!!  I am delighted to tell you that Bouncin'Barb,  http://bouncinbarbs.blogspot.com/ has kindly agreed to be my very first Guest Blogger, and I am very excited about it.  If you haven't already visited her Blog, please go on over there today - I know she will be thrilled to meet you.

This event will take place this Friday, the 7th January, so please come along on that day and see what she has to say.

We drank this bottle of wine and Christmas, and I was so taken by the name and label, that I thought I would share it with you.  I particularly like the way the slightly larger lady is dancing with gay abandon!

I'm a little late with the Christmas photos, but thought you might like to see them anyway.  This is one of my granddaughter, who was so pleased to get a present from their little puppy, Alfred, in his own special wrapping paper! Note her Christmas, red & green nail varnish!








So that was our family Christmas in pictures.  There was one of me collapsed in a chair fast asleep, but there was no way that that one was going on here. LOL!

We spent a few hours yesterday taking down the tree and all the decorations, and putting everything back into the loft for another year.  Am I the only one who finds putting them up very exciting, but a right pain when you're packing it all away again?!

27 comments:

Donna B. said...

No, you are not alone. Our decorations are still up. Really have to take em down...but it is so cold outside....and I have so much to do on the inside. Thanks for sharing your family pics...will have to check out bouncin barbs and will return to read your first interview...

not displayed said...

I love having guest posts and Barb is fabulous.
Love your pics especially the gorgeous baby in the stripy PJs

Dribble...

Secret Pleasures

Lyndylou said...

I'm with you on the decorations, mine are still up too. Lovely pics, looks like a good Christmas was had by all :)

Unknown said...

My lovely wife knows how much I dislike either up or down so she does it all. Sweet gal. Loved your pictures very much and am excited about Barb being on there friday. Should be great.
Odie

SkippyMom said...

What a lovely family! I love Christmas pictures. Ours went by so fast the only pics I took were before and the dinner table. heehee :)

Looks like a grand time.

Becky said...

You have such a beautiful family!! I look foward to the day when I become a grandmother. (I'm not ready anytime soon, tho!) LOL! ~ Bouncin' Barb is a wonderful lady and writer! I look forward to reading her post! :)

Rebecca said...

what a beautiful family and congrats on the guest post

Shady Del Knight said...

Some observations, Thisisme:

* You have a lovely family
* Your granddaughter looks a lot like you
* That's a terrific picture of you
* You look marvelous for age 17
* Alfred bears a striking facial resemblance to
Alfred Hitchcock!

BB said...

Wow, I love these pictures. Now, I must ask if I'm missing something. Isn't that Gawgus?

Southhamsdarling said...

Bouncin'Barb - LOL!! We were only talking about this at Christmas, and we were amazed that you hadn't picked up on it before!!

Teresa said...

great photos! i hate putting away the decorations, too. it's kind of sad... christmas is such a beautiful time that i want the decorations to always stay out but then i realize that since it's a special time, leaving them up all year would take away from the "specialness" of the time.

your family is so cute. love the little ones. i have a buzz lightyear just like that one. sort of.

Southhamsdarling said...

EVERYONE - So pleased you liked the photos, and thank you all so much for your lovely comments.

Amy said...

Your Christmas post was WAY BETTER than my Christmas post. Great pictures! That baby is ADORABLE and I love the name Alfred.

BB said...

This...what made it click for me was the red lips on the wall. Most of her pictures are not full face shots so it threw me.

Southhamsdarling said...

Bouncin'Barb - well done Miss Marple!!!!

Jumble Mash said...

You have such a beautiful family!

caterpillar said...

Nope...you are not the only one...I am the same way not just with decorations but also when I have to unpack after a vacation...the packing happens very swiftly, but back from vacation, it sits there for quite some time... Nice pictures, happy happy family... :)

Olive said...

Your family Christmas photos are lovely. The baby is adorable. I dislike putting it all away and in fact my dining table is covered with the last bits right now.

Belle said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas. Beautiful children! They look like they should have wings like little cherubs.

Gawgus things... said...

A-ha! We've been rumbled!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Belle - thank you. I'm sure you will realize that they're not always little cherubs!!! LOL!

Southhamsdarling said...

Gawgus things - YES!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Jumble = thank you!

Southhamsdarling said...

Olive - never mind, we have it all to look forward again in December 2011!!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Cat - that is so true about coming home from holiday! My suitcase usually sits around for a while as well.

Suzanne said...

What a cool bottle of wine, and great Christmas pictures. I'm with you-still trying to get our tree down. We're finally down to the bare tree and taking it apart tonite. What a great looking family Thisisme!

Southhamsdarling said...

Susan - yes, that bottle of wine was great! Glad you enjoyed the photos.